1. Here We Go

Age of Awakening

Yi Wei of Lynthia

Chapter 1 - Here We Go

--- Lynthia Village --- Dusk ---

A slender girl sits on a smooth stone bench gazing at the starry sky. Her long black hair flowing in the night wind, moonlight shining down on her. She stares at the sky with eyes of amethyst.

"Are you alright? You look awful lonesome"

A young boy's voice lightly sounds behind her and she quickly looks back. She smiles slightly upon seeing him. The two look, as if twins, albeit, subtle differences like eye color. They both appear to be around fifteen years of age.

The boy, smiling slightly, walks to her side. The moonlight reflecting off his short onyx hair. His face is young and boyish, his eyes shine with an azure light.

"What brings you here, Yi Wei?" The girl asks quietly.

He stares into her eyes momentarily, a profound look on his young face, then sits down beside her. His mind goes blank trying to think of a response, "Could be better."

Her serious expression falters and she suppresses a giggle from arising. He realizes his mistake and smiles foolishly at the ground. His smile quickly fades into a worried frown, "I went looking for you, but you weren't in your home." She waves and quickly replies, "I was just needing some fresh air." Her words seem to disintegrate his worries and he relaxes his tense expression. Yi Wei looks at the young girl in front of him, her beautiful face complimented by her long hair and alluring eyes.

"...it's really nice tonight isn't it big brother Wei?"

"Big brother Wei? Yi Wei!" Her sudden yell startles him out of his daze and he yells, "What!" She laughs and stands from the bench. "Go get some sleep..." Yi Wei watches her walk away before he gets up as well.

'I do not need sleep.' He whispers softly under the moonlit sky, his eyes shining.

A tall and masculine man with short black hair and a strong face walks to and fro within a small house and a beautiful woman with long brown hair stands nearby.

She yells at him warily,

"How could they have possibly discovered us so quickly!"

The man stops and looks at her deeply seemingly considering what she said, "I'm not sure..."

He pauses briefly and walks to her before resuming. "...even if they do come, the patriarch will surely stop them from bothering us. Little Ai... you have nothing to worry about." He smiles, his gaze on her, soft and loving. She calms down by his words and ceases her argument, a smile dances across her lips.

Suddenly, her bright blue eyes narrow, emanating a bone-chilling cold. "If they dare touch our son I swear...." The man waves his hand with a fierce expression and states directly, "Let them come, I Yi Xing will not stand idly by."

Yi Wei opens the door slowly, and walks in assuming his parents are asleep as it is midnight. The fire-light startles him and his eyes open wide upon seeing his parents up and about.

Liu Ai points at him and says, "You need to be coming back before 9. We don't know who might be visiting our village nowadays." Yi Wei shrugs and sits at the rustic style table, "Fine." He looks at the full plate of foodstuffs in front of him and he begins eating slowly. His parents whisper for a short time before going to their bedroom. Yi Wei finishes the food and proceeds through the short hallway to his own bedroom. He walks in and softly closes the door behind him. His gaze turns to the room, small and simple he thinks. The room is barely adorned with just a small closet, a wardrobe, and a window. His bed of wood, and numerous cloth beddings. He sits on the bed and fluffs his pillow. 'Why should we be fearing those with the mere intention of visiting our village?' He asks himself faintly. He lays down and it fades to black.