K-I-SS-I-N-G 2

September 4th, 2015
"I'll stick by you through thick and thin, bubs. I love you for life...
- Love, Nic"

————

Beyoncé Knowles
San Antonio, Texas
December 15th, 2017
4:37 P.M.

Onika and I sigh happily as we walk out of the realtor's office. We haven't got the apartment yet, but we had to sign some documents. I have a really good feeling about this, though. I pray it all works out for us.

We saw the apartment and it's really nice for $650 a month. It only has one bedroom and and one full bathroom, the other bathroom is only a half, but as long as we have that it's fine. The half bathroom only has a toilet and a sink with a mirror, but two toilets in the apartment is always a win. The bedroom is pretty spacious so we're happy about that. And we thought we were only getting appliances coming with the place, but turns out it comes with a small dining table and a flat screen TV already. That takes those stuff off our list to spend our money on. We're happy with the apartment and now all there's left to do is pray that we get it.

With smiles on our faces, we hop in the car and I drive off back to the hotel. It doesn't take us too long to get back because there's not much traffic and it seems as if my phone GPS led us through the backroads. When we do get back to the hotel, Onika immediately pulls out her laptop as we make ourselves comfortable in bed.

"What are you doing?" I ask curiously.

"Looking for jobs. Pull your laptop out. The sooner we get some applications out of the way, the better." She instructs as she grabs my bag for me and pulls out my MacBook. She didn't even give me a chance to grab it myself.

I smile and thank her.

She's the smart one out of the two. The brains of the operation, in a way. I appreciate her like crazy.

"Fast food. Retail. Anything." She says as she types away on her own laptop.

I nod. "Yes, ma'am."

She looks up at me and rolls her eyes then laughs. "Shut up, Beyoncé."

We laugh and I decide to apply at Forever 21 so I head over to their website. It was the first spot I thought of so might as well. I've worked at one before and it wasn't that bad. Anything that brings in money legally at this point is valid.

"Tell me where you're going to apply at because I want to make a list for both of us." Onika says. I nod.

After what feels like forever we finally decide to stop for the day. I applied at Forever 21, Walmart, American Eagle, and Whataburger. She applied at Walmart, Sephora, Macy's, and Red Lobster. Now, we wait and pray it all works out.

That's what life is looking like right now. A whole bunch of praying that everything works out in our favor.

Nika sighs. "I'm gonna call my mother. She should be free by now."