Prologue

It was a snowy night in New York City. Lights on the walls were continuously blanking on and off. A person with a hoodie on him, covering his face, standing in front of the destroyed Statue of Liberty. There were demons on top of it, looks like they are trying to build something on the destroyed statue.

"I wanted to go here back then. Now, I don't have that same feeling from before." Said from the person in the hood.  He started walking off. Every corner he passed, he saw abandon buildings and broken cars. He felt the sadness of the people during the invasion. Then a person with an sword comes to him. "Alex. The scouts wants to have a word with you." Alex put down his hood. "I'll be there. While you're here, look at this place. What it used to be back then, and what it is now." Alex put his hand on the person's shoulder. "Don't worry, today is the day where we change the looks of New York City." Alex said before he walks back.

Few minutes later, Alex arrived at a little camp where the soldiers are stationed. A soldier came up to Alex, saluting. "Sir, the scouts are ready to report!" Alex walks to an hologram of two soldiers. "Welcome back Trinity, we got some news."

"Let's hear it Eagle Squad." Alex said.

"There is an army of demons heading to Massachusetts. When they leave, there's only going to be a few groups of demons left."

"Strange, I wouldn't think that their army is thin. Search around, we can't underestimate their numbers." Alex said.

"Roger tha--" As a third person showed in the hologram. "Sir! We are being attacked!"

"What's happening there Eagle Squad?" Alex said

 "I'm... afraid... were... compromised..." The hologram cut out.

A soldier went to Alex, "Sir! We are losing connection with base! Someone is blocking our communications!"

Then there was an explosion at the side of the camp. A big group of demons were attacking them. Many soldiers got slaughtered in a few seconds while Alex is slaying demons left and right. The soldiers were dead, and he's the only one alive.

"NO!" He screamed then gain some distances from the demons. Alex grabbed his gun while demons starts heading to him.

"You will pay!" As a he fired a giant beam at the demons, then soon became disappeared. 

Few minutes later, Alex took a knee next to a dead soldier. 

"I'm sorry. I wasn't able save you, or anyone. This was all my fault." Then he stood up. "I can't let anyone else share the same fate." The snow got heavier. Soon, Alex disappeared in plain sight, leaving his necklace on the ground next to the dead soldier... 

_________________________________________________

I hope you enjoy the prologue. This prologue may seemed rushed but I've never written a story like this, or written a story that isn't school related. I wrote this story because I felt really creative today and wanted to write a story. (Not trying to make an excuses :P). Now I don't have a cover but hopefully that might change. Please stay tuned with the real deal of Chapter 1!