Chapter 3: Phalanx

It is the early morning of Saturday. Phalanx is training in a grassy area, next to a park. Mira and Alex is martial arts sparring while everyone is watching. Mia wildly throwing punches and kicks while Alex is blocking and dodging attacks. Then Alex made Mira fall to the ground by sweeping her legs with a leg kick. After that, Alex pulls up Mira and Ms. Yukimara went to both of them.

"You are throwing sloppy attacks Mira. Those attacks won't do anything if it doesn't hit them." Ms. Yukimara said.

"Sorry. I'll focus more." Mira said.

"It's fine. For now, let's take a break. I wanna show you all something after that."

Everyone is doing their own thing. The only person who still seems to be training is Tia, who is practicing martial arts against a tree. Alex is laying on the grass, watching Tia from the distance.

The breeze came in.

"She is sure a hard worker."

"Yeah, she i-" He turns and sees a girl with purple hair.

"Wait, who are you?" Alex asks, trying to not show that he is startled.

"Yumi Yang. I've believe I startled you?"

"Yeah. You came out of nowhere. I didn't even hear you walk here..." Then Alex realized Wait, I didn't hear her come this way. Does that mean that she is a...

"A magic user? I guess you can say that I am." Yumi answers that.

"You can also read my thoughts. This is going to be something i'm not going get used too." Alex said.

"Enough about me. Let's talk about you. Strong enough to handle a 1v5 against a F rank team. Makes me wonder how you are part of that team." Yumi said.

"I'm not that good, simple. The 1v5 situation, I was just lucky. Everyone made mistakes and I was fortunate to be able to take advantage of it." Alex explains

"Is that so? But it seems like you are pretty skillful. And secretive. That's why i'm attracted to you." As Yumi gets up.

"So, what do you think of her?" Yumi asks.

"Tia?"

"Yes Tia."

"She's a ok fighter. Probably the second best in the team. She can be even better. But, I feel like something is holding her back. I don't know what it is." Alex explains.

"Hey, is that the Student Council President?" Kyle said from afar.

"Hey Pres!" Mira yelled from afar.

Yumi waves to them. "You're the Student Council President?" Alex asks.

"Indeed I am. I expect our fighters to perform their best. You, Alex Jordan, I have high expectations for you. I would be disappointed if you don't meet them." Yumi winks.

"Of course President."

"Just call me Yumi." Yumi starts walking away.

Kyle and Mira went to Alex.

"Wow, you must be very lucky. She doesn't really talk to people individually. Always would talk to groups." Kyle said

"She must have a special interest in you, not that I appreciate but..." Mira said

"Jealous much?" Alex smiles.

"No!" Mira looks at the other way.

Ms. Yukimara called everyone and everyone went to her. "Alright I want everyone to follow me."