Chapter 2: Fateful Duty

Alex and Ms. Yukimara are few feet away from each other. Alex's heart is racing as he didn't expect that coming.

"You still got the hang of it, even for someone who left The Nebula few weeks ago. Well, not that you left, more like hiding away from them." Ms. Yukimara said.

The scythe, the strength, and that voice. Can that be...

"The Heartseeker?" Alex asks.

"The one and only. It's been awhile Trinity." said Heartseeker.

Heartseeker's scythe disappeared and she sat down. She grabbed another cigarette.

"So Trinity. I have a favor to ask you." As she hands Alex documents. It's the documents of a team called Phalanx. A team of 4 girls and 1 boy. In the scout's report, Phalanx is known to be a team with a lack of skills, considering to be the worst squad in Namaki.

"I want you to join Phalanx."

"Wait what?!" Alex just snapped a bit.

"You want me, to join a team, that could be the worst team in Namaki?" Alex continued.

"Yes. And if you don't, you will be back to suffering in the battlefield." Ms. Yukimara smiled.

After Alex thinking about it for a while, he sighed, "Fine, but in one condition. I'll be left to do what I want to do. I won't be forced to train or other things."

"Fine by me, just don't disappoint me." Ms. Yukimara said.

Alex looked further into the team member's document to see Mira Kyoto part of the team.

"So, what now?" Alex asks.

"Wait until after school, then we will introduce you to the team. Right after that, we will have training." Ms. Yukimara went to her magazine.

"Why do you always go to your magazine?" As he checks what it is. Looks like a fashion magazine.

"Because I have all this money and don't know what to use it on. Anyways, you're free to go."

Alex walks out of the classroom.

Odd, he didn't summon Karla. I wonder why... Ms. Yukimara thought.

Alex walks in the hallways, looking for Mira and Michael. Looking at the window, there was a girl with white hair standing next to the fountain. Then the girl looked at the window, looking at Alex, who just looked at the other way in a instant.

Did she just noticed me? Alex thought and and continues walking.

Few minutes later, Alex met up with Mira and Michael.

"That took forever." Michael said

"Sorry, just had a long conversation. Anyways, what were you two doing?" Alex asks.

"Just talking about our past. Also Michael told me you were a pervert back then." Mira laughs.

Alex looks at Michael, cracking his knuckles. "Well, it seems like someone wants to die..." Alex said while moving towards Michael.

Michael backing up, "Whoa whoa! That was in the past. I bet you aren't one now!"

Alex sigh, "Fine, I'll let you off this time."

"Anyways, shall I show you around?" Mira asks.

"Sure." Alex responds

After an hour, the school bell rang. Alex, Michael, and Mira is walking in the halls.

"And that concludes the tour around the school. And now if you excuse me, I have somewhere I have to go. You guys stay safe!" As Mira runs across the halls.