new girl !

Micheal Wheeler laid on his bed, listening to music through his earphones, it was a cold day in Hawkins, and he was a bit sad.
"Mike! Someone's here for you!" The boy got up from his bed, confused "Who is it?" He asked
"It's Lucas, he says it's important."
Mike took out his earphones while grabbing his coat, heading down the stairs and out the door
"What's going on?" He looked over at Lucas, the two boys got on their bikes, beginning to peddle
"There's a new girl! She just moved here from California, I just saw her at the arcade."
A new kid was a big deal in such a small town like Hawkins, the last time the school had a new girl was Elle Hopper, and that was two years ago.

Mike chuckled, "Just because my girlfriend is on a trip doesn't mean I want a new one."
"Oh please, I'm not trying to set you guys up! I'm just saying, she's cool. Different.." Lucas laughed
"Oooo Lucas has a crusshhh!" Mike teased
"Shut up! I don't even know her name,"
"How? Haven't you talked to her? You said she was from California." Mike questioned him
"There was a couple pins on her back pack."
Mike laughed again, "Let's go find out then! You said she was just at the arcade, come on!"

The two friends hopped of their bikes when they arrived at the arcade, "She's gonna think I'm a creep who's following her." Lucas mumbled as they walked inside, "Where is she?"
"Right there, in the green sweater."
Mike looked around, he found the girl, feeling his heart start to thump. She was beautiful, with long red hair and perfect blue eyes, Mike quickly shook away his thoughts and nudged Lucas
"Go..Go uh, talk to her." Mike gulped feeling his cheeks get red and hot, Lucas nodded walking towards her. Mike watched them talk from a far, but he was mostly looking at the girl.

"Who's that?" Maxine asked Lucas, looking over at the boy who had been watching them.
"That's my best friend Mike, he lives just a couple streets down." The redhead looked at Mike, he was cute, but looked rather nervous.
"Cool, I'll catch you later Lucas." She smiled, grabbing her skateboard and walking out. She skated down the road towards her house, smiling as she wondered if Mike had a girlfriend.

Once Max arrived home she sighed, clearing her head and walking inside, It was late and past Max's curfew. She knew her mother wouldn't mind, but Billy and Neil would be angry. She quietly walked inside, sighing happily as nobody was there. The young girl walked into her bedroom shutting off the lights , hoping to have a good sleep as tomorrow was her first day at a new school, and she knew it wouldn't be easy.

(first real chapter woo! it's short, but I just wanted to publish them meeting so I can get to the good stuff, I'm excited about this book lmao)