Chapter 10

Max's p.o.v.

On my way to first period I see Drake in the hall.

I guess we've both more than noticed Blaire's absence. He was looking down at his shoes and looked like he hadn't slept at all.

"Hey, why the long face?" I ask him and he looks up at me for a moment before looking back at the floor.

"Nothing." is all he says. I hate when people do that. I huff out of my nose and almost yell at him, "Obviously it's not nothing! Ugh both of you always do this and it really pisses me off. You both try to pass it off like nothing is wrong and you're fine, but I'm not stupid and I can tell something is bugging you! If you just don't want to talk about it just say so, don't lie to me and yourself."

He nods and now he looks me in the eyes. His own filled with worry. He's really worried about her. "Did she not tell you what was wrong?"

"Yeah, but I just hate that I can't do anything about it and she's just suffering through it.."

"All you can do is be there to support her and hug her and hold her. She'll be fine. She's strong."

He nods again and I turn to walk away, but he grabs my arm, "What?" I ask loudly, ignoring the desperate look in his eyes. "People are staring." I state impatiently. He squeezed my arm tighter before letting the pressure off slightly, "I don't care. They can look at whatever they want."

"Okay." I say quietly and he continues to the point.

He lowers his head and by now my shoulders are less tense as the halls clear out.

"I'm sorry." is all he says.

I laugh as I realize how much I over reacted.

"I guess you two are pretty different in this area. Blaire just tries so hard to smile through it all and hide her feelings and hold back tears so we won't worry. Sometimes she even fools herself, telling me she's okay so many times she starts to believe it herself when I can tell, actually she's not okay, she's broken and sad. I almost feel bad for knocking it down."

He looked at me the whole while I said this and put his head back down, before returning his look to me,

"How can you-"

"Just look at her eyes. Her eyes will frown even when her mouth isn't. They'll also smile or light up every time she sees you." I give him a smile and walk to my class.

"Miss Woods, you're late."

"Sorry, Mr. James, I had a friend who was upset."

He nods and I hear some snickers before a kid laughs, "Yeah, 'a friend.'" he air quotes and I roll my eyes. He's with Blaire. Gross.

I chewed on some gum discreetly and every now an then I'd did myself staring at the empty seat beside me.

"Maxine!" Mr. James calls loudly and I shake my head, "Yes sir?"

"Are you alright? I've said your name at least three times."

"Yes I'm fine. Just distracted."

"Well focus."

I nod and look at the clock above his head as he talks about something I don't pay much attention to.

In family and consumer science, Mrs. Henry gave us each a peanut butter or chocolate chip cookie before announcing that we'd be making some ourselves.

I raise my hand and, when she calls on me, ask, "Blaire may be absent that day, could I make a second batch for her?"

She allows it and dismisses us at the bell.

After science is English. This is when Brad wants to talk to me. Oh god I hope I don't screw this up.

I shoot up as the bell rings and run my fingers through my bangs before grabbing my binder and speed walking to class.

My assigned seat is already next to his and as I'm getting situated I hear him sit down next to me and smile. "Hey." I hear him and turn to face him, still smiling, "Hey."

He flashed me a half smile and not the like 'im actually really sad and all I can manage is this half-assed smile,' but like a really hot kind of cocky one.

"So I saw your cheer try-out and i think the only reason she denied you is because she was jealous. Sorry though, next year maybe?" he says still grinning "Aw thanks!" I smiled. He nodded and asked, "So me and the team were gonna grab some sonic later,.." oh god a group date.

At least he's asking me at all.

"But the guys couldn't make it so I was wondering if-"

"Yes. I mean sure, I'd love to."

He laughs and nods, "Great, pick you up at 5:30?"

I smile and nod.

I'm screaming inside oh my god.

When I got home, I fell into my bed sighing with a silly smile.

I decide to call Blaire and see how she's doing and she tells me to come over for some reason.

Maybe she needs me to be there?

But when I get there she's panting at the door and drags me upstairs, knocking on the door.

Tom opens the door.

TOM OPENS THE DOOR.

DEAD TOM.

LIKE THE ONE THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO HAVE DIIIEED.

I start crying and hug him and they explain everything to me before I'm dragged to her room where I let out a squeal and tell them about my date.

Soon I have to leave and get my face acceptable for the public.

Then Brad calls and asks where I live and not long later he's at my door in a beautiful red Ferrari.

"Hey cutie." he said as i eagerly open the door.

I smile and say it back before he opens my door on the passenger side of the car for me.

"Thank you." I smile, sitting down.

We eat sonic and soon after some conversation and a couple milkshakes, we're back in the car.

"Can I stop somewhere before I take you home?" He asks smiling.

"Sure." I smile back.

He nods and turns on the radio.

Not a long drive and we're at an empty park by a lake facing the sunset. He slid the arm rests up and out of the way before leaning towards me.

I let out a very quiet, "uhhh." but did nothing to stop his lips from colliding with mine.

AUTHORS NOTE!

okay so what do you think of Brad? is he nice? should she keep him?

I already have plans for him but I wanna know what you think.

Anyway that was Max's point of view. I hope you enjoyed it and I'll be doing other characters point of views as well.

Later cupcakes!

I'll update soon!