Chapter 2- Love or Revenge

Dear Trevis

Created By: V.I.N.T.A.G.E Days

Chapter 2- Love Or Revenge

****

"When things go wrong, don't go with them."--Elvis Presley

****

Continuing the previous chapter...

I was pretty much pissed off by what I heard from Ginnie last night and apparently I'd fallen asleep by my bedroom door after getting home. No wonder it felt so freaking cold throughout the night. 

My day started off cruddier than I knew it'd be. I got up late at 7:35a.m. and that half hour delay  was enough to make my schedule run wild. I forced my sluggish body into the bathroom, got changed and everything. Ripping a comb into my matted hair, I raced downstairs and grabbed a granola bar from the kitchen cabinet, sliding the ten dollar note mom had left for me on the kitchen table into my bag and pulled my shoes clumsily onto my feet.

Damn it. So much for the morning chaos.

I'd practically gotten everything ready for school in like five minutes. Or was it four?

It was 7:55a.m. when dad dropped me off at the school gate. Just in time. Five minutes until Physic class starts. I headed towards my locker and stopped in my steps, too shocked to react. Someone was leaning against my locker. My heart throbbed madly against my chest. Someone wearing a blue V-neck shirt with his tough biceps exposing. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach and I felt the urge to avoid him. It was him. Trevis Carson. I spun around with my back facing him, hoping that he hadn't seen me.

" Hailey! Hailey...wait!"

His voice trailed behind me. Uh-oh, tough luck. He'd already spotted me.My heart raced faster as he got closer and closer...

What the heck are you doing standing there? Just walk straight ahead and ignore him.

Something in my mind murmured and I did as my body told me to. I can't forgive him. I seriously can't let him off after all the sorrows he had left me with. I closed me eyes and took a few strides forward, just to give him a hint that I'm not in the mood for girl and boyfriend chit-chats at the moment. I felt his warm hand seizing my wrist and I stood still.

 I felt his warm hand seizing my wrist and I stood still

" Hailey..."

He pulled me up close to him and tried to sneak a kiss. I struggled to free myself from his grip. I had nothing to do with him. Not anymore. I tried to avoid his brown, flawless eyes. His face looked so vivid to me.

" What exactly happened Hailey? You've been acting so unusually weird since prom night last week."

His words infuriated me even more.

" You're the one acting weird! "

I burst out. He loosened his grip a bit and placed his gaze on me all innocent-like.

" W-What does that mean?..I don't get you babe."

His voice dropped.

" Ever since our last holiday at St.Barth's, you got so absorbed in your work that you never even bothered to call me back as you vowed. You don't even care what I do. You don't even care about me. So don't bother."

I clenched my fist. Venting all my frustrations on him kind of made me feel better.

" It's not what you think Hailey. First, I got assigned a new position in dad's company then I was stuck with my partner, Jones...And we had to cooperate for an entire week and then my phone broke down..."

He started blabbering shamelessly and this anxious look was spreading on his face.

" Fine!"

I raised a hand for him to stop. I needn't stand there for hours listening to all his long, far-fetch stories.

" I mean, I can totally understand if you were incapable of calling me. So what position did ya get? Did your precious daddy adopt you as his pet supervisor in his department?"

There was no reply whatsoever. I looked at him and he was looking down at the floor. I had made him speechless. Or maybe because I'd annoyed him. I caught sight of Candice coming up behind him and I sprung forward to say hello. She gave me this suspicious look and then shifted her attention towards Trevis, then back at me, then back at him again. 

At last, I tugged lightly on her sleeve and declared that I was late for class. She nodded quickly and shot Trevis a last look before trailing behind me. I felt immense pressure swelling up inside me as I sensed Trevis ogling me with a distressed look on his face. But I left him to regret anyway, believing that the pain he was experiencing right then was only 0.823 percent of the huge pain I'd suffered for the previous week. What was more, work was more important to him than me.