Chapter 4- Turning Point

Dear Trevis

Created By: V.I.N.T.A.G.E Days

Chapter 4- Turning Point

****

"When I miss you, I read our old conversations, smile like an idiot, listen to songs that remind me of you, then I miss you more." 

--UNKNOWN

****

At home, I flung myself warily onto my bed. Wondering what in the world had gotten into me. I stared at the ceiling above and heard a soft tweet via my schoolbag. I sprang up and dived for it. Hastily, I unzipped the zipper and fished out my phone. 

The screen went bright and there was one unread message and a missed call. It was him. Scrolling down the screen, my heart began to pound away madly. This was the first message:

                                                           3:17p.m.

miss ya babe😔 what's troubling u?

I was beyond happy that he DID miss me. So did I. Especially after what Natasha did to me in the WCs earlier on. Protection was what I needed right now. I needed to take refuge behind him so that he can wrap me up safely like a chrysalis. Just like he always did when I got intimidated.

 So I texted him back:

Nothing. where r u? I need u.

As soon as I pressed 'SEND', the doorbell rang from downstairs and I sprang up to make a dash for it just in case it was him doing me a special surprise. 

When I flung open the front door at last, to my amazement, nobody was on the doorstep except for a pink-colored wrapped, rectangular cardboard box parked neatly below my feet. 

Hastily, I scanned the place for some random person who must have left the package. I even called out loud just in case he or she hadn't yet left, but all my shouts were to no avail. So there I stood, staring down at the box while it reflected my stare right BACK AT ME.

 So there I stood, staring down at the box while it reflected my stare right BACK AT ME

Slowly, I lifted up the box with care in my arms. My fingers ran across the surface. It felt smooth. Someone had beautifully printed my name in black on a piece of tiny card which accompanied the present box. I reached for the little pink satin bow and was about to loosen it when I suddenly froze.  

Something wasn't right. I couldn't figure out what it was but somehow it just felt weird.  I mean, whoever who left the box on my doorstep did state that it was for me, but somehow it didn't feel right to be receiving a present on an ordinary day like this. 

My phone tweeted once more and I discovered a new unread text from an unknown phone number. The message wrote :

                               3:28p.m

                                Open the box n ya'll be surprised.

Without thinking further, I reached for the box and loosened the ribbon. The minute the cover was lifted off the box and the minute I got to take a further look at what was inside it, my mind felt paralyzed......

.