Chapter 4

The text message came as soon as Levi's class ended.

Mikasa: Looks like he goes to a bar called The Overlook on the weekends with Mike and Nile. He's also the coach for the school's intramural swim team.

Levi frowned. The last thing he wanted to do was join an intramural sport, especially swimming. However, if it was to see Erwin, he would do anything. Levi made his way to the recreation center to get more information about the swim team. Turns out they practiced ever Tuesday and Thursday after classes and Saturday morning. Levi took the handout from the front desk worker and trekked back to his dorm room. He finished his reading assignments quickly and then took a short nap, interrupted when Hanji burst into the room.

"Could you at least try to be quiet shitty glasses?" Hanji laughed.

"You're too light of a sleeper. Do you even dream?" Levi rolled into his side and pulled the covers over his head. "Did you figure out anything about Erwin?" Levi sighed and sat up.

"Yeah, he goes to The Overlook on weekends with Mike and he's the coach for the intramural swim team." Hanji was bouncing on the balls of their feet in excitement.

"That's great!" Levi nodded.

"Except that I hate swimming."

"You hate it? Why?" Levi averted his eyes.

"I-I never learned to swim." Hanji's jaw dropped.

"You're not serious." Levi rolled his eyes.

"I'm not lying you shit pile." Hanji threw up their hands.

"Easy there tiger. We can work this out." Hanji tapped their chin and paced on their messy side of the room. Levi still didn't know how he lived with them. He had given up long ago trying to make Haji keep their side of the room clean.

"Any ideas?" Hanji nodded and turned to face Levi.

"You can ask Erwin to teach you how to swim!" Levi blushed a deep crimson.

"No way! I can't do that, he'll think I'm a loser!" Hanji laughed.

"Nonsense! Just ask him after class tomorrow. Tell him you want to join the swim team but don't know how to swim."

"Hanji, do you know how embarrassing that is?" Hanji waved his question away.

"Come on, I'm sure Erwin would love to teach you to swim. Plus it's a chance to see him shirtless." Hanji winked and Levi blushed, averting his eyes.

"I guess it's not all bad then..."

"Exactly! Ask him tomorrow after class or go in during his office hours."

"I'll go during office hours." Levi mumbled and it was set. He would ask Erwin to teach him how to swim.

"For now, do you want to meet up with Eren, Armin, and Mikasa?" Levi rolled his eyes.

"Do I have to?" Hanji crossed their arms.

"Yes you have to! That Eren adored you. Besides, we hardly know what's been happening in their lives. Aren't you at least a bit curious?" Levi rolled his eyes.

"Fine." He slipped his black vans on and followed Hanji out of their room.

***

They met in the Starbucks on campus along with Petra. "So you guys," Petra began. "Tell us what you've been up to." Eren took a sip of his drink.

"Well, both of my parents are alive in this life. My father remembers but my mother doesn't. Mikasa and Armin are my next door neighbors so that's really nice. I was going to go into the army but Armin convinced me otherwise." Armin nodded.

"We were given this life to be at peace."

"Plus I don't want to kill another human. Ever." Hanji nodded.

"What about you Armin?"

"My parents both remembered but died a few years ago."

"I'm sorry to hear that." Petra said.

Armin shrugged. "It happens. They got into a car wreck. Now I live with my grandpa who also remembers." Petra sighed.

"It's good he remembers. And Mikasa?"

"My parents are alive but don't remember." Petra and Hanji nodded.

"Mikasa's a third degree Black belt in Taekwondo! And Armin graduated valedictorian of our class!"

"Eren!" Armin slapped his arm playfully.

"What? I have to brag about you guys sometimes!" Hanji laughed.

"So Armin's just as smart as he was in the other life huh?" Levi asked. "And Mikasa's still a badass." Eren nodded. "And you brat? What have you accomplished." Eren blushed.

"Nothing really..." Armin laughed.

"He got suspended in high school for beating Jean up." Levi smirked and Hanji burst out in laughter.

"Same old Eren." Levi commented. "So where are the rest of the rascals?"

"They went to a different college, closer to home." Levi nodded.

"What have you guys been doing?" Hanji laughed.

"My parents don't remember. They admitted me to the psych ward once because they though I was crazy, rattling on about titans since I was little. I learned quickly not to talk about it around them."

"That must have been hard." Armin said. Hanji nodded.

"They thought I was schizophrenic so they gave me meds which I stopped taking when I was old enough."

"What about you captain?" Lexi grunted.

"Hey brat, I told you to call me Levi."

"Oh yeah, sorry." Eren apologized.

"My parents died when I was very little so I'm living with my uncle Kenny. He remembers. Unfortunately. He won't let me live down getting him killed in the other life."

"That's got to be awkward." Levi nodded.

"You better believe it is. I couldn't wait to get out of that shitty house."

"Kenny's also loaded and Levi is his only heir!" Hanji butted in.

"Shitty glasses!" Levi snapped.

"What?" They raised their arms in defense.

"That's amazing!" Eren said.

"What does he do?" Armin asked. Levi sighed.

"He owns a clothes line called The Interior."

"No way! I love that clothes line!" Armin said. Levi rolled his eyes.

"Of course you do."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Eren demanded but Levi waved him off.

"Nothing." Eren frowned but didn't argue. Levi absentmindedly checked the time. They had been there for an hour already.

"What about you Perta?" Armin asked. "Do your parents remember?" She nodded.

"They both do and you can bet they are very protective of me. They don't want to lose me again." They all nodded. "They almost had a heart attack when I started driving. They were convinced that I would get into a car crash." She giggled.

"Their fear is warranted." Levi commented. "You aren't the best driver. I would know." Petra frowned.

"I'm not the worst though." Levi shook his head.

"No, that one goes to Hanji." They all burst into laughter and Levi allowed himself a small smile. Perhaps everything was really going to be okay.