Chapter 25-Response

"Lukas!" I got up and ran over to him to notice that he wasn't alone. Once I got closer to him I saw him carrying someone on his back. It was his brother. He struggled to carry him  and once he got fully got inside he slowly lowered to the ground and let his brother slide of his back. After that he stayed down on his knees on the ground to catch his breath.

"What happened?" I asked him, not knowing what to do right now. It took him a moment to catch his breath to respond to my question.

"What do you think?" He snapped at me. "We could of avoided this, we could have saved him earlier. You could have told me when you first saw me. You knew he was brother all along and you were so close to leaving him behind without me knowing," I noticed he had scrapes and bruises all over his body, and guilt rushed through me.

"Lukas! I'm so sorry, we were caught up in the moment I didn't even think about it until we were almost out!" I spoke with honesty.

"Because you didn't care if my brother died their or-"

"Shut the hell up," Herobrine interrupted him. Lukas turned his head in surprise toward him, like he had forgotten he existed."Who the hell cares, she still told you didn't she? I'm surprised she gives a damn about you, she doesn't even know who you are."

Everything was silent and we only heard each other's breathing. It was awkward for a moment until Lukas finally spoke up.

"You're right," He said. "I'm sorry. I'm just so afraid. We barely got out of their, and... I don't know if we will be ok." He got up slowly to look down at his brother. I quickly got some left over gauze and gave it to him.

"I understand," I said to him. "Just help him," He gave me a sad smile before he bent down to the ground to help his brother patch his wound. I looked down on them. Noah was barely awake, his eyes were half closed and their was so much blood on the floor and on him. I wanted to look away but I couldn't.

"Thank God Notch wasn't their," He said as he patched his brother up.

"He wasn't their?" Herobrine asked him

"No, no where to be seen. The guards are the one who caught me, I was barely able to get out."

I flinched, thinking back to the dream Notch had invaded. When he's in my dreams that means he's also unconscious. He was too busy Terrorizing me to even notice someone broke into his castle.

"Lukas," I asked., "If you knew Notch was bad, why did you work for him?" I heard a deep sigh come from him after I asked him the question. I Looked over towards Herobrine I saw him move in closer, he was interested in how he was going to respond.

"I didn't want to join him. My brother was the one with him first. Notch wanted me to work with him, but I refused. But one day my brother got hurt, I don't know how, but he was going to die if Notch didn't save him." He said in a quiet tone, as if he didn't want anyone to hear.

"What? Why did Notch have to save him?" I asked, getting interested in the conversation.

"He had healing powers.. He told me he would heal my brother as long as I joined his army. He.. manipulated me," It was quiet for a moment. He lifted up from the ground, done bandaging his brother and looked at me and Herobrine.

"Why did he want you on the team?" Herobrine broke the silence. Lukas flinched after he said that.

"I...I don't know. He told me I was strong, but he went out to force me to join his team for my brothers sake. I knew something wasn't right, I think he wanted me for something more than just my strength-"

"Obviously,"Herobrine interrupted him again, "What was it, you have to know! What did he say to you after you joined the team, what did you do to serve him?" Lukas looked at him in shock after his outburst, Herobrine knew that wasn't the reason Notch wanted him.