Chapter 24

Huang Xinyi was shaken, she did not expect this to happen. She now remembers her mother's words when she still alive.

"Whoever sows good shall harvest happiness, and whoever sows evil shall harvest regret."

Now she realizes her stupidity. It's true she got her revenge but after that, what now? Her life is ruin and also destroy someone else life this guilt will become a stain in her life.

Huang Xinyi always thought as long as she could exact her revenge she'll be happy. But now she only felt regret.

Mu Ken sitting in the chair not far away from Huang Xinyi and felt pity for her.

Crime is a crime no one asks her to do villainy. It was her own volition now she has to pay the price. Then he remembers his superior before always said this.

"Crime has always been a regrettably consistent element of the human experience."
....

It's been 14 days since Ji Lanie is in a coma.

"...so...sorry did not know..... Yuu"

"Lanie, it's Yuu can you hear me." Hope surge in his eyes he heard Lanie calls his name. When he got nothing to reply dismay overtook him. She falls back to sleep again.

His phone suddenly rings. "Hello, brother Yuu this is Yun Xiao. Please! Don't hang up the phone. I'm begging you to help us, my mother, they already sentence her of capital punishment."

"Why should I help you, after what you've done to Lanie...

"Why is it always her? Why? I'm your cousin we are blood relative. You and Lanie have no relationship. Why do you spoil her to no end? Yun Xiao cut Longsheng Yuu wanted to say.

"She is my other half without her there is no meaning to my life." After saying that Yuu pushes the end button and turn off his cell phone.

"Tsk." Yuu, lean on the chair

"Are you alright?" Ji Rie who is in the who is not far away heard Yuu's loud voice approach him and asks.

"I'm fine," Longsheng Yuu simple answer. "Rie, I will go first." Then left immediately, he is not feeling well.

"You heard what he said, he must be totally disappointed now. Don't let us down we are waiting for you to come out." Ji Rie says, the doctor told them that Lanie has a partial consciousness now. Ji Rie hoping that she could hear him.

"Son, did something happen?" Wang Shi just came in from outside to buy supplies felt the atmosphere is not right.

"Nothing happens everything is good."

"You should go home and get some rest, you look tired." Wang Shi worriedly says.

"Ok," he sighs then look at Lanie one more time.

As of now, she was tearful, a flash of images kept reappearing in her mind. It does not make any sense to her. Those images are familiar yet they are not. She felt a fog blocking her mind to remember what is real.

An old man wearing a Taoist robe appear in front of her. His finger pointed in her forehead.

A warm current flow from his fingertips into her forehead. The dark fog lifted and her mind suddenly cleared.

Instantly everything gets cleared.  She remembers the first time she met Longsheng Yuu.

After working a year in a house of cake. I decided to challenge myself I heard there will be a cake competition for the first time in our country it was sponsored by Longsheng Group and Ji Group. In order to learn and improve my baking and sculpting cake skills, I competed.

The cake competition is a group at least 2 or 3 people. But none of my co-workers wanted to come with me. All of them are afraid to become a laughing stock. So I muster my courage and sign up by myself.

The competition came, at the venue, I wanted open a hole and drill myself. What I'm wearing right now are rugged clothes and worn apron. My co-workers played a joke and change all my stuff. It's a good thing that my face is good looking and I have a thick skin. Everyone near me is laughing and pointing at me, but who cares about them. I sign up to showcase my talent and not to show my branded clothes.

While I'm looking around my eyes stops at the VIP seats were the man who was drinking wine alone. I was captivated by him. He looks like the carved out picture in a book romance that I always read before going to sleep. I had an unexpectedly of a fleeting moment of palpitation. Because of embarrassment, I bowed my head. She did not see that the guy also looking at her.

I heard a girl beside me talking about that handsome guy. He was Longsheng Yuu the President of the Longsheng Group. While listening to them I felt dismayed. I found out he was an unreachable person. I made up my mind to just forget him and focus on the competition.

In the elimination round, we have to bake our best cake. I bake Chocolate soufflé is a notoriously difficult dessert. Meringues are sensitive to humidity, temperature, and movement, so taking the time to delicately whip and fold the meringue, plus patiently waiting to open the oven until the buzzer goes off will up your chances of baking the perfect chocolate soufflé and win.

 Meringues are sensitive to humidity, temperature, and movement, so taking the time to delicately whip and fold the meringue, plus patiently waiting to open the oven until the buzzer goes off will up your chances of baking the perfect chocolate so...