Song Fic: Gun Powder and Lead

Song: Gunpowder and Lead by Miranda Lambert

The rage ripped through my body as I came to a screeching halt in the gravel drive way. I hopped out of the over sized truck and slammed the door shut before going to the cab and pulling out my daddy's old shot gun.

That son of a bitch wants to hit me, I'll show him what I'm made of.

I marched up to the house and ripped open the door. No one was home.

Fueled by anger and self pity I ripped the curtains from their hooks, slammed the book cases to the floor and threw the dishes at the wall.

He had been drinking when he decided it would be a good idea to have a little fun. But I wasn't in the mood for any of that. He violently shook me until I could barely stand on my own. Finally he lost it and his right fist flew out and punched me across my cheek bone. I remember the random people at the bar staring before jumping up to come to my rescue. Pissed and knowing that nothing good could come of it I left, and went straight to my childhood home. No one was there so I let myself in and took my daddy's old shot gun out of the cabinet and made my way to the house we shared.

Now I sat at the kitchen table staring at the white wooden door. A cigarette burning in my hand as I stroked the red and white checkered table cloth. It was half past ten and I had just finished my second 6 pack when I heard tires screeching in the gravel.

"Bet he don't know what's waiting here inside." I whispered to myself as I heard his cowboy boots slap against the wooden porch.

I stood up and walked next to the door. I angled the gun so it was right at his head level.

Your fist is big but my guns bigger.

The door creaked open and his drunken form walked right into the barrel.

He found out when I pulled the trigger.