Chapter 17

DEDICATED TO DC_LOVER BECAUSE SHE LET ME USE THE IDEA FROM HER BOOK DURING THE LAST PART OF THIS CHAPTER. IT'S CALLED TAKEN. CHECK IT OUT.

~~

We were in the cave, talking and laughing like usual. The joys of being me. Seeing as nothing was happening, I changed back into my Ender's Game t-shirt, jeans, and a pair of dark sunglasses. I had my phone and my headphones, too. Those are like my earrings. I hate earrings.

I trudged all the way to the living room, before claiming the couch as mine and lying on it. My headphones were already in my ears, playing my favorite song of the week.

It was Limelight. Featuring Crayotic. Because his voice is sexy.

Someone tapped my shoulders, and I opened my eyes. "What?" I closed my eyes again and buried my face in my pillow pet. Because I love my pillow pet.

"You have training today, remember? You have to fight the League. Most of them are already here, so I would hurry up." I made an inhuman noise, and changed into my uniform, before walking back into the Ops room.

"Hey the- wow. Everyone came?" I couldn't help the gasp that came out of my mouth in suprise. Every protégé and hero came to watch. The Ops room was almost full.

I nervously picked at my nails, and gave an awkward wave. Batman, Superman, Flash, The Hawks, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Red Tornado, both Green Lanterns, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Aquaman, Atom, and Captain Marvel were here. The whole League. Just there so I can fight them. Like a boss. Just kidding.

Even their protégés came, standing in front of their respective mentors and talking amongst themselves. Except for Superboy. Classic.

Robin went over to Batman, standing in front of him. I stepped onto the sparring circle, and it lit up with an eery blue glow. While making that noise that it does when the light turns on.

"Nightwalker. You are going to fight every member of the Justice League. We are not going to hold back, and neither are you. Weapons, and powers are allowed. This determines whether you will be precieved as a threat, or possibly the greatest hero there ever was. You will fight each member randomly. First up is Flash. Good luck." Batman made me nervous. Alot.

Flash stepped up to the circle, and gave me a supportive smile. I smiled back, and got into a fighting stance. He got into one too, and ran at me a second later. Typical.

Everything slowed down at that point. I could see Flash, coming at me in slow motion. When he was about to grab me, I grabbed his left arm and twisted it, then threw him over my shoulder. He hit the floor with an "Oof!" and the computer gave me a point. I smiled victoriously, while shaking Flash's hand. He rubbed my head, and gave me a smile.

"Next is Captain Marvel. Good Luck."

~~

"Up next is Batman. Good Luck." It was a few hours after I battled Flash. I broke out in a small sweat, and my hair was coming out of the bun I had. It was like a fancy ponytail. I battled all of the other members except Batman and Superman. And to my suprise, I beat them all. Everyone was still here, sitting or standing. Now I was just anxious to finish this. I was tired.

Batman came up to the mat, and cracked his knuckles before getting into an offensive stance. I did the opposite, and got into a defensive stance. We circled each other for a few seconds, trying to figure out who will strike first.

I did.

Which was stupid. As soon as I came close into contact with him, he dropped a smoke bomb and got away. The room was filled with smoke, and I listened for footsteps and breathing.