cinque

"Love of beauty is taste, the creation of beauty is art" —Ralph Waldo Emerson

the creation of beauty is art"
—Ralph Waldo Emerson

Taehyung

I loved her always, full heartedly, but especially when her eyes lit up brighter than sunlight itself. When her cheeks flushed pink like the cherry blossoms of the spring. When her delicate laugh made my heart giddy in tantrums.

I especially loved her then.

It had been a while since I last spoke to her. We would catch each other's eye while walking in the hallways. She would be surrounded by her friends as they chatted—sparing me a glance or a small smile from time to time.

Though I desired much more than a glance and smile. I only prayed for the day we could be alone again. Together by ourselves, I promised myself I'd take a chance on making her mine.

I sat alone in the classroom with the lights dimmed low. The easel was in front of me as I began the final touches to the sketch of her form.

I focused on her beauty, what a challenge it was to recreate. How could I simply bring life to this portrait the way she brings life to me?

Tracing her hips I began to make them more defined. They rounded her body so pleasantly, one of her many astounding features.

I lightly ran the pencil around the outline of her legs. I imagined their softness as the image of them folded behind her sat in my mind.

As I much as I focused on the drawing it still didn't feel ready for the next step. The light sketches on the canvas merely felt like a fictitious portrayal of what she truly was.

I heard the door creaking open as a rush of sunlight flooded the room. I turned to the entrance as I made out her small form.

"Taehyung?" she spoke, her voice not full of life as before. She flipped the light switch up enabling the classroom to fill with fluorescent brightness.

Today she was blue.

Her eyes watered as her face displayed sadness. An oversized T-shirt covered her body falling to her knees. She hiccupped as she walked towards me, her hands wrapped around the strap of her backpack.

My heart dropped at the sight. Who did this to her?  A frown on my face as I glanced at my Emona in pain.

"Can we talk? I-I just need someone to talk to right now," she spoke, I nodded as I sat the pencil on the easel.

"Who hurt you?" my brows furrowed as I reached out to gently place my hand on her arm.

"It's just... why are boys so stupid!" she groaned pacing back and forth.

"I don't understand," I watched as she yanked her yellow backpack from her shoulders, letting it fall to the ground.

"It's Jimin! he's who hurt me," her eyes flooded with puddles as they cascaded down her cheeks. "He was talking to someone else at the same time!"

I balled my hands into a fist at the thought of him. He received all of her attention and love only to have the audacity to treat her this way.

"He's been calling me for the past hour apologizing but I don't think I have the capability to speak to him right now."

"You shouldn't have to, he doesn't deserve you Emona, you're perfect and he ruined your trust," I spoke, she smiled softly.

"Thank you Taehyung, you are so kind, I wish more people were like you," she sighed "I'm so pathetic, gosh, I want to stop crying but I can't... can I hug you?"

"O-of course," I fumbled as I stood with my arms out. My breath hitched as I felt her small arms wrap around my torso. Her quiet whimpers flooded the room as her tears wet my shirt. I placed my right hand on her back rubbing small circles while my left hand became entangled in her curls.

To mess with something that did not belong to him was his first mistake. My art has been mistreated by a fool. He tainted the most delicate part of my work of art. Scratching the surface and attacking the vessel that I wished would only beat for me.

His apologies will never be enough. He's gone too far to possibly get another chance. I'll make the pain go away Emona.

I'll make him regret what he's done.