dodici

"It is a matter of loving art, not understanding it

not understanding it."
(Fernand Leger)

Taehyung

I stood in the classroom alone as I stared at the easel in front of me. The newspaper was clipped on top forcing it to adhere to the wooden board. I was at a loss of inspiration. I've created paintings upon paintings and used colors to convey how I've felt but now I feel so dull.

I felt as though there was no color in my life the red vessel that pounded inside my chest was beginning to slow with every breath I took. I glanced at the charcoal that was resting between my pointer and my thumb. Bring it to the paper I began to race the black substance from left to right. The darkness on the paper revealing how I've felt for a long time.

I was never a man made of many colors. The shade that consisted inside of me were various forms of greys and blacks that never made an appearance outside. She brought color into my life, but who knew color would be so difficult to understand.

I only desire to protect her, give her everything she could possibly wish for and more but she doesn't want someone like me. Emona enjoys the pain others give her. She loves the uncertainty that they bring.

If I was that cruel would she love me too?

I was startled from my thoughts as I heard a loud knock on the door. Placing the charcoal down I began to wipe the dark powder on my pants as I opened it slightly.

"Taehyung? Gosh, I knew you'd be here." She spoke as she walked inside. She had her hands shoved into a red hoodie. Her curls slicked back into a low ponytail that was held by a black hair tie. Her eyes showed concern and weariness as she rocked back and forth on her feet.

Something wasn't right.

"Emona what are you doing here?" I asked as I watched her demeanor.

"I... just came from home.... and my Dad and my Mom aren't doing well ."

"What- do you mean?" I questioned.

She bit her bottom lip, "I tried calling Aniya but she's mad at me and you're the only person I could think of right now."

"Emona I don't-" I began as she quickly interrupted me.

"My parents are fighting and I just need somewhere to stay tonight can I please stay with you?"

-
How's quarantine going?