The Mint

Mary's point of view
When I woke up I was laying in Nate's arms. I rolled over on my back. "Good morning." I smiled "Good morning." He smiled then kissed me. "You have morning breath." I smiled "Well you do too." He smiled then kissed me "Seriously you taste awful." I smiled "Do I need a mint?" He smiled "Shut up." I smiled, he knows I hate mint. Someone knocked on the door. "Go away." He yelled "Oh stop it." I smiled, I got out of bed and put my robe on over my naked body. I opened the door and it was a servant. "Good morning." I smiled "Good morning, your parents would like to see you in their room." He said "Okay thank you." I said, I closed the door. "What did he want?" He asked "My parents want me." I said "Ugh." He put his face in the pillow. "I'll be back." I said. I put on dark pants with a tank top and a flannel. I threw my hair up in a bun and went to my parents room. "What do you guys need?" I asked "Have a seat." My mom said "what's wrong with you guys?" I asked "Just sit down Mary." My dad said "Jesus okay." I said, I sat down. "Mary we know you are very happy with Nathaniel." She said "Even though he's an ass hole." My dad mumbled "dad!" I said "anyways, a certain family has proposed a marriage." She said "What the hell are you talking about?" I asked "Mary we would like you to give it a shot." He said "You want me to have an arranged marriage? Are you mad?" I yelled "Mary this could be so great for Scotland." She said "Well this is not the 1600's mother! I'm not going to be traded for a sack of potato's!" I yelled "Mary we begging you to just meet this boy, he's sweet. You two met when you were little." She said "I don't remember." I said "Because you were three." He said "But I'm it's Nate." I said "Well Mary, you and Nate have been dating for what? Four years? Your twenty four and he hasn't even talked about marriage." She said "Mom I love him." I said "Mary, were not going to force you to marry him. We're not asking you to like him. But at least be friends with him." He said "He's coming soon?" I asked "Yes, two days." He said "I'll be nice but I will not break up with nick." I said "Sweetheart if you do start to like him please just tell us." He said "No, I have lots of guy friends and I will treat him like that." I said "That's Okay Mary." She said "I need to go talk to Nate." I said "That's fair Sweetheart." She said "Mary you don't have to do this." He said, I just looked at him then walked out. I went to my room and he was getting ready. "Can we talk? It's kind of important." I said "I'm going to lunch with Elliot and Millie." He said "You have been hanging out with them a lot lately." I said "I hang out with Elliot a lot." He smiled walking over to me. He cupped my cheek in his hand. "I'm running late, can it wait?" He asked "Yes it can wait." I said, clearly mad. "Mary your mad now." He said "I'm not mad, go to lunch." I said "Mary we will talk about when I get home, Okay?" He asked "Fine." I said "Bye, I love you." He said "Bye." I said, he walked out.