Chapter 5

-Chresanto August.

I know. I'm hard headed as fuck! But what do you expect, I'm Chresanto August. But after Jacob shut me down yesterday? I listened and took it in. I thought long and deep about everything. My situation, and realized I'm selfish. A little selfish dick face that only thinks about himself.

Damn.

Time was going so slow and I was stuck in period 3, maths. All theses numbers and letters mixed together just gave me a head ache looking at them. I rested my head on the desk and groaned at the growing migraine.

I seriously need to sort myself out.

"Mr.August! Expand 5(x-12)" Mr.Owen shouted at me. I groaned as I lifted my head.

"Uh... I don't know"

"Of course you wouldn't know as you weren't paying attention!" He spat.

I rolled my eyes and blocked his annoying voice from my ears and went back to thinking. I sighed at the sheer thought of my father. I'm such a disappointment to him; failing school, not giving fucks & all the bullshit I'm doing. Nobody is perfect but that doesn't justify my foolish behavior.

My mom. She just left. No goodbye, nothing. Last memory I have of her was when she last took me to football practise and she kissed my cheek and told me Chres, I love you so much and I want you to shine on that field, be the best that I know you are! That was the last thing I heard from her. That day my dad came to pick me up and told me Mommy has gone for a long time but she'll be back don't worry.

I was naive then but when I was old enough to realize that mom left us, that's when I began to change; into this, this dumb ass nigga.

I sighed as the bell rang. I put my Hood up and headed for the door but Mr.Owen's voice called me back.

"I'm signing you up for a tutor, your grades are low and if your grade is not at a minimum grade B- then you will not be on the football team any more. Remember Mathematics is a core subject; compulsory!" He rambled.

"Minimum B-?! You got me fucked up"

"Language! and yes B- you shall be here 3 O'clock sharp for an hour, Goodbye" He finished.

I groaned and left for my next class, English. I had this class with Ray and Jacob so I guess that's okay.

I walked in to see Jacob already in his seat, while other students hadn't arrived yet. I sat down and groaned again, everything sucks man.

Class had comensed and our task was to write a poem about anything you want. I hate poetry and just made it into a rap even though they're the same thing it's just poetry and poem don't suite me.

"Alright class I'd like some of you to share your work. Who's willing to volunteer? " Mrs Miller cheered.

Nobody put their hand up. It was dead silent. I chuckled at that.

"If you want to chuckle then you can chuckle up here while you perform your work Mr. August! "

"Get'em Chres! " Ray laughed from the back.

"And you will be next Mr.Lopez!"

"Shit! " Ray hissed.

I slowly got out of my seat and hauled myself to the front. I took a deep breath and took a quick glance at the while class staring at me. I shook it off then began.

"Damn, I don't even know where to start.

ehem, Listen!

I been through a lot, don't mean I'll ever stop, the obstacles that I swim through yeah I'll end up on top,