Chapter 13

-Chresanto August

Calm down Chresanto.

He'll be here soon.

Just be patient.

1:23pm. He was meant to be here twenty three minutes ago!

I'm worrying too much, who comes on time anyway? Haha, I've been here since 1pm on the dot. Pshh! There's no worry right?

Who am I kidding? My mind is in overdrive right now and the palms of my hands are all sweaty.

I take another sip of my water, with my eyes stuck to the entrance of the pizza parlor. Once again I take a quick glance at my Rolex watch for the 500th time.

I don't understand why I am so nervous. I've arranged this meeting for us to speak of one thing only, and that is Cameron. Nothing else. I haven't spoken or seen Jacob in five months and it has brought distress. however, I've gotten used to my new lifestyle.

There has been days where I'm internally hurting but I've fought through it and a love life is not necessary right now.

"Hello sir would you like to order?"

"Give me 5minutes"

The pretty waitress nodded and went back to her business and that's when I saw him. He looked flustered and disorganised, he looked all over the place and didn't seem to find me, silly boy.

He asked the same waitress where I was and she kindly pointed me out. Jacob soon sat at our table.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, I got caught up with mom and-"

"It's okay Jacob it's all good," I cut him off placing a soft hand onto his while sending him a genuine smile.

He stared into my eyes while he smiled and I began to lose focus and began to get lost in his eyes. Tracing every detail of Jacob's face. The light creases in his smile, the squint in his eyes whenever he smiles just everything.

I caught myself off guard and cleared my throat as he pulled his hand back and intwined his fingers.

"Chres-Chresanto you look really well,"

I felt a slight radiation arise on my cheeks but I chose to ignore it.

"Thank you but uh I brought you here to discuss Cameron," He nodded.

"I seriously disapprove you associating yourself with her. She is sly, conniving and fake Jacob. I'm sorry to speak badly about your friend but this friendship needs to end," I said as sternly as possible but trying not to scare Jacob.

"I understand that and I'll distance myself from her,"

"No you will not. You are to erase all forms of contact with Cameron Castillo and go about with life as if she never existed," I protested.

"Oh! Just like you did me huh?!" Jacob scoffed.

"Excuse me?" I questioned, slightly baffled.

"Chresanto... You erased all forms of contact with me and went about life as if I never existed," He spoke so calmly but his eyes spoke otherwise. He looked so hurt and confused as he spoke.

"Jacob I didn't-"

"But you did Chres. W-why you did all the things you've done?" He whispered.

I sighed, I knew this was a bad idea.

"Imma be honest with you. I left because I didn't feel belonged here, okay. I wanted to start fresh, leave the past-"