Chapter 2- INTRODUCTION

They entered the great mansion with Audrey drenched from top to bottom and helped by the strong arm of that gentleman who remained a stranger to her although he sensed that he must be a nobleman because of his bearing and his elegant manner of expressing himself.

- My God, Audrey! What has happened to you? Quick prepare a tub of hot water and raise it to your room, ordered the mother with remarkable nervousness and concern- How could you put yourself like that? Of course, I expected this from Karen or from Georgiana but never from you.

-Mother-Elizabeth interjected- Audrey just wanted to please our sister Liza by getting into the boat with us but her dress got caught and fell into the water, we were lucky that this respectable gentleman helped us.

Then, all eyes fell on the tall and handsome young man who waited carelessly in a corner of the lobby. His light brown hair gleamed with the sunlight that came through the windows and his blue eyes could intimidate any man or woman who got in his way. From his broad shoulders, it was deduced that he must be a man accustomed to physical exertion, sure that according to supposition, he should be a member of the army. The Duchess of Devonshire could not recognize the young man, so he very discreetly began.

-Many thanks, Lord ...

-Lord Seymour, future Duke of Somerset and lieutenant of the navy- replied the Duke of Devonshire, who was entering smiling at that precise moment- the young Seymour has come to visit me today to inform me of some matters of State and while we had a nice walk, we have glimpsed the impending catastrophe of my dear Audrey- he said, as he approached his daughter and touched her hair affectionately-  That is why Edwin came to his rescue while I took the horses to the stable.

-Oh, thank you very much, Lord Seymour, we are very grateful for your help. I introduce my oldest daughter Audrey Cavendish - said the Duchess with that brightness in her eyes, which the whole family knew very well.

Audrey, who had not yet spoken to her savior because they had not been properly introduced, looked at him as firmly as she could and managed to say.

-Enchanted and let me thank you for your timely intervention in the lake- while extending his hand to be kissed as appropriate.

The gentleman endowed with such pristine shapes as her, made a subtle bow while kissing the soft back of his gloved hand and ... soaked !:

-It has been a pleasure to help a lady in distress but let me tell you Lady Cavendish that I am suffering from a terrible concern for you. Are you not going to suffer from fevers if you still do not go to change clothes? - He said looking her straight in the eyes with a hard look to understand.

Suddenly, her cheeks blushed when she noticed that the entire dress was still soaked and that it was stuck to her body much more than adequate. Oh my God! His mother's obsession with finding him a good candidate was already going from brown to dark. It could not be that his mother had presented her in that state.

With all the calm he managed to muster, he said goodbye only as a queen would do and climb as fast as the rules of decorum allowed those stairs that seemed infinite. When she arrived at the room she did not wait for her maid to help her take off her dress, and with a rage that threatened to go out through the pores she stripped off her corset and petticoat while deeply hating her "savior," who had only considered her a Lady in distress to reprimand in public. It was not until she stepped into the hot tub and was reassured that she began to dream again and again that this handsome, stocky man rescued her from the water. What was happening to him?