Chapter 1

In the faint moonlight, the dial of my watch glistened brightly and as I glanced at it, it struck midnight. There was so much silence in my apartment that I could also hear the tick tock of the dial. My sleep just got vanished and soon I was seen loitering in the long corridors of my apartment.

The long shadows of the branches of the trees seemed living to me and was quite horrifying. The breeze made a whistling noise in the darkness of the night. There was not single person who would give me company in such a situation. Yeah, who would do so at 12 right??

Okay, myself Nora, one of the residents of the Cecil apartment in west coast. I have been living in this apartment since last year. Everything here is so amazing but one story which makes me curious is the story of Elisa lam.

I have questioned several people about this suspicious girl but all my questions remain unanswered. After hearing my question, people wetted their dry mouths with saliva and rubbing off the sweat trickling down from their foreheads, uttered, "She disappeared from the elevator. "
That very elevator is just in front of me right now, at a distance of couple of metres away. Looking at it no-one could ever guess that it had been regularly used once. The cobwebs hanging down and the broken collapsible gate gave a terror rolling down my spine.

Elisa lam, one of the residents living in the top floor of the Cecil apartment was last seen on January 31st. Yes, you heard right!
She was last seen. She was vacationing through west coast and documenting her trip on her blog and checking in with her parents everyday. On January 31st, those calls stopped. Lam had vanished. Soon the police got involved and her parents too arrived to help with the search. They had nothing.

Vanishing of a person was quite shocking for some, horrifying, terrifying and astonishing for others. It was a very unusual thing for me. People got embarrassed to talk on this matter whereas I, was much curious about this.