Chapter 4

After rewinding and playing the footage more than 50 times, I came to the point that there is something fishy in everything.

In the past, in February, when the residents living in the Cecil Apartment complained about the water supply, the police started investigating about it. After days, a hotel employee climed to the roof and used the ladder to investigate the hotel storage tanks. And whatever he saw was freaking creepy, surprising and would have held his breath for a moment.

That's where authorities found the decomposing, decaying, dead body of Lam whose personal items like pens, sketches were found nearby. After an autopsy,her death was labelled 'ACCIDENTAL'. All her personal items were sent for investigation. Looking at those sketches, noone would ever ever believe that she might be an artist. The paper bore a portrait of a person looking devilish. Everywhere there were scratch marks with black ink which gave a clue that Lam was going under trauma in her past. It can maybe due to some illness.......or something which disturbed her mind and heart.

NBC Los Angeles reported at the time about the strange circumstances in the hotel's past:
The tank has a metal latch that can be opened but authorities said access to the roof is secured with an alarm and clock.

The single room occupancy hotel has an unusual history. "NIGHT STALKER " , Richard Ramirez,  who was found guilty in 14 slayings in the 1980's lived in that very Lam's floor for several months in 1985.

And international serial killer,  Jack Unterweger was suspected of murdering three prostitutes during the time he lived there in 1991. He killed himself in jail in 1994.

In 1962, a female occupant jumped out of one of the hotel's windows,  killing herself and a pedestrian on whom she landed.

And after that in 2013, this mystery of Elisa Lam shook everyone from within. Till now in 2018, everyone questions in all these weird cases.  Was something wrong with the residents or there is something haunting in the building of the Cecil Apartment? Was Elisa possessed by a demon or was she a demon herself?