Chapter 4

Melia’s POV

“Well,” ‘how in the hell do I explain this?’ “Do you want the full version or the shorter version, which may skim some of the details?”

“I have time, so the full story will be good.”

“Okay…well I am an undercover Auror from Canada, I work to reduce big issues involving illegal dragon smuggling etcetera. I was investigating a group who had been leading magical creatures away from their homes or reserves, when I was instructed to go to Madagascar to search about the dragon whose blood now runs through my veins. It turns out the group has been experimenting on what would happen if people had characteristics of certain species. Of course their test subjects had failed to appear. I infiltrated their camp on the beach on the south east of the country and killed most of them and sent their bodies to our ministry, but one of them had been gathering up firewood and snuck up behind me and wacked me in the head with something very hard, I assume was wood. I woke up in restraints with a need in my arm. It was agonising. And I guess you know what happened during the next few days. He was pissed off at me from the start. You see, I put up too much of a fight. It was driving him crazy. Yeah, that’s about it.”

“Umm…wait how are you an undercover Auror, you look not a day older than sixteen?”

“Technically, I’m almost seventeen, but, let’s just say after my family was murdered, I developed some special ‘talents’. I should be going now. In a day’s time I won’t be myself.”

“Why?”

“I’m veela. I come of age tomorrow, anyway bye and thanks again.”

Charlie’s POV

“I’m veela. I come of age tomorrow, anyway bye and thanks again.”

And then she just disapparated away.

She had been through a lot, losing her parents, going on missions, being veela and the whole Madagascar ordeal. I know there is like ten years between us, but I can’t help but feel attracted towards her. Her fight, her personality, her beauty, she’s perfect.

‘What is wrong with me?’