Chapter 6

Melia’s POV

To say I zoned out was an even worse understatement. There right in front of my eyes was Charlie Weasley. I knew right away that he was my mate but that doesn’t mean I was okay with it. I suddenly had an urge to jump him but there was the fact there was someone else in the room and I didn’t want to scare either of them. So I did what anyone in my position would do, I ran.

I didn’t know where I was going, I just ran. I thought I could hear someone calling my name behind me but I didn’t turn around to confirm my suspicions. I kept going until I was sure no one could see me.

Charlie’s POV

I had just turned around the corner and had come face to face with Camelia walking with Hagrid. She suddenly stopped and looked me right in the eye, an expression of shock appeared on her face. She was dazed for about five seconds before rapidly turned and ran straight for the forest. I called her name but she either couldn’t hear me or chose to ignore me.

I worriedly turned to Hagrid, when I realised that I didn’t even know why she was in this country, let alone the castle.

“Why was she here anyway?” I asked.

Hagrid looked at me confused. ‘And I thought I was kept in the dark,’ he muttered. Finally he replied, “I thought you would have known, Camelia Perry is the new defence against the dark arts professor.”

“WAIT, WHAT? Isn’t she only, like sixteen years old?”

“Seventeen, and anyway, she is probably the best person in the world for the position. She has been through more than our entire country has during the war, by herself. Became an Auror at twelve, right after her parents were murdered, she did. Not to mention the missions she had to go on to put bad wizarding folk in prison.”

“What did she go through during her missions?” I was actually very worried.

“Well…basically…” I glared. “For her mission’s sake, she became a victim in many cases and attacked them in the last second.”

OH SHIT!

Melia’s POV

I came to a stream in the middle of the forest. I sat down on the river bed and just thought about what had happened only moments ago.

I suddenly had a bad feeling that I was being watched. I was feeling self-conscious and decided to take the chance of apparating into the Entrance Hall, having been there before and knowing what it looked like.

I got the feeling of being squeezed through a tube (hated the feeling). I looked around me seeing no one, I let out a shaky breath I didn’t even know I was holding.

“Look, who do we have here?” I heard a voice drawl.

I turned around and come face-to-face with a young man, probably five years older than me, with stark white hair, greyish-silver eyes and an overall appearance that would make any girl swoon or fear, but lucky I’m not ‘any’ girl. With my experiences and background, nothing scares me, and my veela blood only allows me to have a single mate that should last me a life time.

“Who are you?” I asked, suddenly curious as to who this man really was.

“Draco Malfoy, you are?” Who would be cruel enough to name their child that? Obviously his parents. I had to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing at his ridiculous name, so I replied to try stop it.

“Camelia Perry, pleasure I’m sure.” I sounded so formal.

 “Why are you here?” I cringe at the question, do I have to answer?