Chapter 10

Charlie’s POV

When she sat down, I could see lots of emotions written on her face for a second; happiness, anger, sadness, guilt, it doesn’t make sense to me. But they soon disappeared nearly as soon as they came, being replaced by an expressionless mask.

Throughout the announcements, I was slyly sending her glances. When I heard the headmistress say the one thing I think Camelia was dreading, I saw a look of horror on her. The last bit of chatter stopped until it was silent.

Headmistress McGonagall said “and please welcome the new defence against the dark arts professor, Professor Camelia Perry.”

All of a sudden, comments were thrown through the air, and some protests. So, basically, female students were upset that she got to be a professor at her age. Meanwhile, the male population was either gawking at her, making bets with their friends about who gets her attention first or something like that. For some reason, I could feel something stir inside of me.  

“I have never felt this feeling before what is it?”

Jealousy, you IDIOT!

“I am not jealous, why would I be jealous?”

YOU’RE AN IDIOT!

“Are not!”

You ARE talking to yourself!

“Oh right. I will shut up now!”

I turned to look at the students. It was now I realised that the students were leaving and the food was gone. Oh, I was so deep in thought, it must’ve been forever and I didn’t get to eat.

I started walking to my chambers, as we didn’t have a staff meeting until tomorrow morning, when I walked an empty classroom and was pulled inside. I turned around and suddenly I was pinned to the wall by a very impatient Camelia.

“Uh, hi.” I was trying to act normal but it was hard ‘cause I was feeling very awkward, and sore, man she has a strong grip.

It seemed like forever until she actually spoke, but when she did, it was like he could die right then and not have a regret in the world.

“I will not lie to you Charlie, nor will I not delay in telling you the truth.” I looked at her confused, what the f**k is she talking about?

“I don’t know what you are talking about, but the truth would be nice,” (awkward pause) “would you mind letting me go while you’re at it?” I felt her grip loosen until she wasn’t touching me at all. “Thanks, you have a very strong grip by the way.”

She looked at me funny, “Uh…thanks, I guess.”

“Well … this is awkward. Um, you were saying?” I could see the fear in her eyes at my question. Suddenly, I had a bad feeling that this was going to scare me a lot more than I bargained for.

“Right, um…, you know I’m a veela, but I am curious how much do you know about them?”

How much did I know? I know nothing other than what I was taught, and that was about a decade ago! “Not much actually, why?”

“Okay, this will be difficult.” I heard her murmur. At this point, I was starting to get anxious.

Melia’s POV

I was really worried how he was going to react after I told him about everything. All I wanted was to turn and run back to the forest, sob and fall unconscious onto the grass, but I was determined to see this through to the end.

Suddenly, I heard my name being called. I saw a blurred image in front of my face, and I thought I was just lost in thought, as it was a usual occurrence for me. But the next thing I knew, I could see stars flying around in my vision. This can’t be good!

Then, all of a sudden, it was all black.

Charlie’s POV

Camelia was starting to worry me. I could now see a dazed look in her eye. She was just staring into space, so I tried to get her attention but nothing was working. After repeatedly calling her name and waving my hand in front of her face, I thought I should get her to the hospital wing, as I was getting really worried.

Starting to lead her out, only half way to the door, she just collapsed. I barely had enough time to register what happened before I caught her just before she hit the ground. Picking her up bridal style, I sprinted in the direction of the hospital wing.

“Poppy!” I screamed as I suddenly burst through the giant doors of the hospital wing and laid her down on the first bed I could find. I heard Madam Pomfrey bustling about behind him, but he couldn’t stop staring at her.

Even when obviously ill, she still looked perfect.

Melia’s POV

After everything went black, it was like I was in heaven. I was lying in a nice, colourful meadow, it was full of flowers and surrounded with the most perfect forest ever. The bright pinks and purples of the flowers were in contrast with the dark and density of the forest surrounding it.

It was then I realised I was being watched. I could feel it. I looked behind me and there he was. Charlie was standing behind me grinning with amusement and smugness.

Before she could ask him anything it all disappeared and there was a bright blinding light.

Sorry for not uploading in a while, I have been very busy.

I also realised that my chapters are quite short (don’t worry, I’m working on it) and I haven’t included a disclaimer.

So here it is!

I don’t, in any way, shape or form, own anything (EXCEPT Camelia) as it is all J. K. Rowling’s wonderful creation.