Chapter 5

Melia’s POV

The next day all I could remember was pain. First my body changed, not much mind you, only made me taller, then my wings grew and the last part was the clue of who my mate would be. I saw the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry crest. So all I know is if will have to go to Hogwarts within the next thirteen months or my chance of survival is probably two percent.

One Month Later

It was about a month ago when I left England’s wizarding hospital and today I got a letter from the Hogwarts Headmistress asking if I would like to become the Defence against the Dark Arts Professor at the school. I was very surprised as some of the students may be older than me, but of course I said yes, it would be an opportunity to find my mate. I am pretty sure it is safer than being an undercover Auror and I don’t have insurance or enough money to pay for any more treatment.

I am now packing up my house. Yes, you read it right, I live by myself in a proper house. It was the only thing my aunt couldn’t claim as it was stated perfectly clear that I was to decide what happened to it. I had enough money back then to pay the bills, but my vault is nearly empty now so this job actually couldn’t come at a better time. I sold most of the furniture a while back so it was mainly my canopy bed, my clothing and a few other personal items I couldn’t dare give up.

Then I tried to apparate just outside the grounds but I somehow ended up in a forest that I assume is located outside of the school or bloody close to it.

I started the trek to the school gates were I was met by a huge man, I assume he’s half-giant.

“ ‘ello, my name is Rubeus Hagrid, but everyone calls my Hagrid. I am the former Care of Magical Creatures professor and current groundskeeper.”

“Pleasure to meet you I’m Camelia Perry, the new Defence against the Dark Arts Professor.”

“Oh…I’m supposed to show you to the Headmistress’ office.”

“Well, then, please lead the way.”

Then suddenly, as we turned a corner, I was hit with a strong odour. It smelt like pine wood, fire and camellia flowers, surprisingly. When I heard footsteps, I turned to try put a face to the glorious aroma. To say I was shocked would be a dramatic underestimate.