5 <> Running With The Wolves

C h a p t e r  F i v e
2 n d  P O V
9 - 2 5 - 1 8
<> <> <>
   "There's blood on your lies," – Running With The Wolves by Aurora
<> <> <>

   You'd snuck onto the Nemesis again.

   What fantastical misadventures had occurred during your absence? Well:

  Megatron had gotten the bright idea of fueling the ship with Dark Energon instead of the regular stuff. It was just all downhill from there for them. The vessel gained sentience—though it didn't turn out as nice a person as you, that for for certain—and began decoding the Iacon database faster than any of them could have. It was even better than Orion!

   Autobots, specifically the humans, infiltrated the ship and set things right. They also downloaded all that'd been decoded so far. This had all happened simply because you'd wholeheartedly allowed Bulkhead to destroy the ship's engine. Funny how that all worked out.

   It was also rather amusing, because all those events from the crash to your re-infiltration out of curiosity, lead to you unwillingly joining an expedition. The Decepticons figured that, because the Autobots now had such vital information, they should get to the relics before the enemy. The enemy, no doubt, had the same idea.

   Megatron had sent Knock Out after the first one.

   He sent Dreadwing after the second.

   Soundwave was after the third.

   Finally, some newly recruited Insecticons had been sent to retrieve the fourth.

   You hoped, whichever one your Wrecker friend had been sent to get, he retrieved with a smile on his face and minimal damage. Unfortunately, all you could do was hope. A shame, really. But, you had faith in the mech that he'd get the job done.

   But which one had you been sent to get? You had ended up getting assigned to work with Dreadwing, the new Decepticon SIC. From you could tell, he seemed much more competent and honorable than the previous (who was apparently not dead; that was confusing).

   You were thankful for the adventure. However, since it was so close to the one from the previous day, your hindsight berated you, saying you should've given yourself a break from the action. Especially since the relic was revealed to be in the Antarctic (or was it Arctic? Who cared).

You'd taken for granted how warm your makeshift home had been. You'd make sure not to make that mistake again. You were still a vehicon after all! The fact that you'd lived this long was truly something else.

   That wasn't even your main concern. You'd broken schedule for two whole days. What were you doing! You would've already started a new one out of anxiety, but there would be no practical use for such a rare occasion. You hoped it would all be over soon. The sooner you got back to your usual routine, the sooner a more familiar order would be back. Namely, the one you'd created.

But, as much as you wanted to continue groaning and complaining in your own helm, you needed to to tune back into reality.

Let's see how that's going, shall we?

   You flew alongside another flier, finding yourself gliding over Starscream? The pair of you made a graceful u-turn, and began shooting at the flightless seeker. Your rapid fire caused him to turn around as well and zoom away on his scooter thing-y.

   As you flew away, you accidentally sprayed snow his way. You turned around again, your formation joined by two additional troopers, and the lot of you brought the traitor face first into the snow. His scooter slid away as he was jerked off of it.