10 <> Only Way Out

C h a p t e r  T e n
2 n d  P O V
1 1 - 1 9 - 1 8
<> <> <>
   "And since we came here, we'll leave with each other now," – Only Way Out by Madeon
<> <> <>
A/N: RIP Stan Lee. May he forever live on in his movie cameos. Sorry for how short this chapter is, I tried. Also, I may be losing motivation for this story, but I'll come back to you on that one later.
<> <> <>

   A G E N D A
< helping out the Bots forced you to create a new one >

• wake up (one of the few constants, somehow)

• have morning rations

• patrol the forest (as always)

• patrol the sky (obviously)

• return to clearing by cave and wait for Optimus

• sit down, attempt to make conversation (he's either somewhat responsive or hella responsive)

• go to Autobot base

• do assigned tasks (whatever is asked of you)

• have midday rations

• continue assigned tasks

• at day's end, leave for home

• sit down, attempt conversation with Prime (again)

• after he leaves, patrol forest (again)

• patrol sky (again)

• consume evening rations

• recharge

   Though you greatly disliked having to remake and/or readjust your schedules due to the rapidly changing events in your newfound life, you didn't mind all that much. You had found friendship and happiness. You had freedom and a place to work whenever you wished.

   You yawned and smiled in contentment. Your body squirmed as you stretched your body tiredly and let your optics flicker open. Your helm bumped into something hard and warm. You removed your mask (you usually didn't sleep in it anymore, whoops) and looked up, only to find the broad chassis of Optimus Prime.

   You froze. His position was similar to yours. You both lay on your sides, facing each other, bodies not quite close enough to fit like puzzle pieces. While you had one arm acting as a sort of pillow for your helm, he used both of his arms. While your legs were bent and pressed together, his were extended, one resting comfortably on the other.

  As you regained control of your limbs, you couldn't help but study his faceplates. His slightly parted derma, his peaceful expression. Your faceplates heated up. Stop that! You scolded yourself, abandoning the mask on the ground.

   His team must be so worried, you thought fearfully. You gently made Optimus lay on his back.

"Optimus. Optimus," You repeated nervously. You lightly shook the mech's shoulders until his optics fluttered open.