7 <> Blow Me Away

C h a p t e r  S e v e n
2 n d  P O V
1 0 - 1 5 - 1 8
<> <> <>
   "I'll be the one to save us all," – Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin
<> <> <>

   Starscream leaped out of the human base and landed before the three of you on his new, bulky armor. It shined silver in the dim light of the Arctic night.

   "The Apex Armor . . ." Optimus muttered to himself, optics slimming in hatred and determination. He lifted himself from the snow and assisted you in getting off the ground. You brushed the strange organic substance off of your paint.

   "A perfect fit!" The slim seeker cackled inside the helm of the relic. He smirked like he'd already won, his bright crimson optics glowing with ambition.

   "How dare you claim to which rightfully belongs to Lord Megatron?" Seethed Dreadwing. He took an offensive stance. Optimus did the same, while you stood between the two much larger mechs in a mental panic. Starscream simply laughed in response to it all.

   "What do you intend to do about it, commander?" His smirk only grew as he held up his strengthened fists. Dreadwing's gaze hardened.

  He rushed forwards, his sword swinging over his helm as his aggressive battle cry escaped his derma. The blade slammed against the relic placed in the middle of Starscream's chassis. Sparks emerged, but no damage was done. Not even a small scrape. Dreadwing stared at his sword incredulously for a brief moment before Starscream backhanded the SIC across the frozen land. Starscream laughed maniacally, finding the whole situation hilarious. Of course he would. Dreadwing landed on his back, his weapon just a few paces away.

   "Not so big and strong now, are you?!" The traitor continued to cackle, pointing a finger at the fallen mech. "I haven't had this much fun since I punched that hole in Cliffjumper!" You could tell that was something meant for Optimus. His frame visibly—but subtly—tensed up. You barely knew who the mech was, only that he was a part of Team Prime, and from what you could tell, an important one too. Sympathy blossomed in your spark, but you focused on the situation.

   Starscream trudged over to a treaded vehicle parked steps away from it. He picked it up by the top with a single servo.

   "Allow me to reunite you with your twin!" The armored seeker offered, holding the vehicle above his himself. The Prime tackled Starscream from behind, effectively causing the mech to drop it. The vehicle flew towards Dreadwing who managed to dodge it in the blink of an eye.

   You hadn't actually done much since the whole conflict started besides dodging whatever was thrown at you. You decided it was about time you changed that, no matter how bad you might naturally be at battle. You swiftly gathered up the courage while Optimus Prime and Starscream arm wrestled.

   You ran forwards and leaped, transforming in the air. Escaping into the sky, you watched Optimus become overpowered by Starscream's advantage, and flinched as Optimus was thrown, crashing into giant crates far away from where Dreadwing lay. It looked about as easy as a teenager tossing stones as a stack of glass bottles.

   You flew around the mech, doing aerial donuts while shooting rapid fire at his armor. You could tell your attempts were futile, and your opponent took his sweet time reminding you with an aggravatingly devious smirk. Surprise shots from Dreadwing and his Gatling gun caught Screamer's attention, distracting him from you. Unfortunately, you were unable to get in more shots as he attacked the armored mech with his sword. Soon after however, Dreadwing was tossed to the side, crashing into Optimus, and they tumbled farther into the snow.