Princess on Wheels

Roller Derby is a very high contact sport, as shown in the bruises that paint the skin of the racers every night after a match. Welcome to the underground life of LA, where crime is high, along with the price of a beer. The Arena is an old abandoned warehouse, where secret concerts are preformed, deals are made, raves are held, and matches are won.

Meet the Underlanders, one of three LA roller derby teams. By day the girls are college students, waitresses, nurses, a mechanic and a librarian. But by night, they are the fiercest girls on the track, they may not win many matches but they pack a punch.

Zoey Hubbard goes by White Rabbit on the team, and Bunny in everyday life. She is a student at UCLA and works as a barista at an organic juice bar down the street. She always tries to grace the world with a smile, even when she is breaking inside.

Morgan Geospel is known in the Arena as Little Blue Boy, yet her friends call her Mo. A Barista at the same organic juice bar owned by their coach and is a fellow Student at UCLA. And let’s just say, she doesn’t just get her name from her blue hair, she sure packs a punch in the Arena.

Bunny and Mo had met in a shared class at University, and became close friends, bonding over music tastes and food. Once the news of a new Roller derby team graced their ears, they had to be a part of it. So, they ditched class to become part of the team.

And this is what became of it.