Parental Guidance

The flat screen television in the home of Janelle Wilson's family showed pictures of her as a child as the sheriff answered questions from reporters. Sherry, Charity's mom, grabbed a cup of hot chocolate and a blanket before going to watch.

"Here Michelle." She handed Janelle's grieving mother the hot chocolate and draped the blanket around her shoulders.

"Thank you." Michelle looked at the floating marshmallows and thought back to a beautiful time when she took Travis and Janelle on a ski trip. It was three years prior to her daughter's disappearance. Frank, her husband was away on business and Michelle wanted the kids to do something fun over Christmas break. They hit the slopes in Aspen. Janelle and Travis made each other laugh hysterically as they sipped hot cocoa and came away with melted marshmallow mustaches. It was a blessed time for the Wilson family. "Janelle used to love it made just like this."

"She still does." Sherry put her arm around Michelle's shoulders and squeezed. "We're going to bring her back home."

Michelle shifts to face her. "Is the G.B.I. looking into my baby's case too?"

Sherry worked for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation but they had a larger case to focus on and left this to the local police. "Not officially, but I'm using my resources there to see if there's anything I can find out," Sherry reassured her friend.

"We now take you to the press conference where Sheriff Saks of Fulton County will answer questions from reporters about the disappearance of Janelle Wilson." The television reporter announced.

"Oh my God. Turn it up, Sherry." Michelle said as she searched for the

remote.

'Sheriff, do you believe her disappearance has relation to the other young African American girls who were taken across the country in places like D.C. and Chicago?' One reporter asked.

"At this time, we have seen no connection between the two." He nods in the direction of another reporter.

"Have you forgotten about the others? Many of them were in Atlanta as well. What efforts are being made to find any of them?" She asked.

"Does anyone else have any questions." Sherriff Saks pressed his sweaty palms into the podium so hard a piece could have come off.

"Yes." A male reporter shouted. "Why didn't you answer her question?"

"I apologize. Yes, of course, there is a task force actively searching for all the missing children. Those are all the questions I have time for today. Thank you all." Sherriff Saks turned to leave as the roar of reporter's questions and comments were hurled at him.

The male reporter who spoke last could be clearly heard shouting, "Saks, we haven't dismissed them. We won't let you do so either."

Michelle turned the television off. "I am numb. My baby is probably and cold and hungry. She could be hurting in one way or many." She sobbed into her blanket. "God."

"It's okay honey. Come here. I got you." Sherry hugged her. There wasn't much else she could do for her friend and she'd do anything to take this pain away.

"I can't just let them sweep her under the rug when a new story comes along. She is my daughter." Michelle shouted.

"I know. I know." Sherry was trained to handle serious situations and knowing what to say but this hit to close to home for any of that to matter. She was at a loss.

"I need to know she's okay." Michelle sat up straight. "Even though that means everyone will find out what we did." She could barely see Sherry's face through her teary eye's but her words were crystal clear.

"We will get her back, but we have other children to think about as well. We could lose them both. I helped you with Janelle once. I will help you again."

"I know. I know." Michelle said. "We have to find her without anyone finding out that we did anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: How did you all like getting to know the mom's a little bit more?  What do you think will happen next? What do you think happened already, that we don't have all the pieces to yet? Don't forget to vote and share. Thanks ya'll.