Future Plans

Charity casually walked through the entrance of the Hilton she frequently went to when meeting Toni. She wore shades and a tan Calvin Klein business suit. She sometimes liked to look the part of a woman not to be questioned when doing questionable things.

As she came close to reaching the elevator she saw Iyana. She was scared. No one from their personal lives had ever been here. What business did she have across town in a hotel? Charity took a deep breath and walked quickly to the elevator. Iyana searched through her purse in search of something before turning back to a room on the first floor. Charity watched as a tall man with his shirt and pants partially undone opened the door to let her in while searching around nervously to ensure no one saw them. Charity noted the room number was 107 and hurried onto the 3rd floor where Toni was waiting.

Once she reached her hotel room, she opened the door to find vases filled with assorted roses and soft music playing.

"Welcome home baby," Toni said while holding out a glass of Moscato.

"Well, when you want to say you're sorry you do go all out don't you?"

"This is what you deserved all along. I should have stepped it up a while ago and I realize that."

"Oh really?" Charity chastised. She could see he was trying and that's all she wanted. They weren't the type to break up and get back together just to break up again. When he ended things, it hurt her. "I know you graduated high school a few years early, but I expected at least college level behavior still."

"I know. I accept that." Toni sat on the edge of the bed and patted the space next to him. "I just wanted some alone time so that we can get things back on track. I love you Charity. I messed up, and I want to show you I deserve you again."

"Well, this is a nice way to do it."

"I'm not done." He turned to face her. "I know that even though I got out of school early, this job means we can't be together. I do not particularly appreciate sneaking around with my girlfriend. I don't want this to feel like a secret until you graduate next year."

"What are you saying right now? What are you getting at?" Charity nearly spilled her wine because she was so excited. She had no clue what he wanted to do, but the thought of him not wanting to keep her hidden sounded serious. It confirmed his commitment to her, and that was the greatest gift he could have given her.

"Babe calm down. I'm not going to marry you or anything right away." He chuckled at his comment.

Charity slapped his arm. "Get on with it already. You're forever drawing shit out."

"I would like for us to look at places near whatever college you choose to attend. I want us to look for places near there to live in together."

She threw her glass of wine in the air and screamed while throwing her arms around him. "I fucking love that idea." She kissed straddled and kissed him. "And I love you."

"I love you too. I want you to remember though it's after you graduate. We have to be extra careful until then. I want this job to help get me something decent for where ever we move to." He stood to clean up the mess of wine stains Charity created.

"Deal. I'm just so excited." She laid back on the bed. "Hey, did you bring condoms?"

"No. I figured we'd skip that this time and just be together in other ways. I thought I rubbed you the wrong way last time when I brought it up."

"You did. I'm good now though." She opens her purse and digs around. "No worries I have some."

"Damnit I love you."