Gossip Girls

The following Monday felt different for people who were friends with Janelle. There was a feeling that things were returning to normal. No one besides a few students knew about the voice mail and everyone felt that things were over since nothing came up during the search party that past weekend.

Miko couldn't stop smiling in her physics class and it wasn't because she was learning about oscillations.

Travis

You look kinda cute today.

Miko

Oh just kinda? ;)

Travis

Maybe a little more than that, but I can't have you get'n a big head. Lol

Miko

Whatever. I am glad your mom invited me to dinner though. You're actually not as bad as I thought.

Travis.

Oh rly...wait what did you think before?

Miko

Lol The bell is about to ring. BRB

Miko saw Charity, Iyana, and Kayla huddled up in the hallway. It was more than obvious that something was going on. She just wasn't sure what exactly it could have been. She wondered about another voice mail or if it was that everyone found out about the first one. As she approached Charity she prayed it wasn't that anyone knew she was the last person to see her at the party before she disappeared.

"I don't know ya'll. I don't think he has it in him. I think we should try not to jump out with pitchforks so soon. Let's see what happens. I mean they've spoken to all of us. They even came to my house." Charity couldn't stand still as she spoke.

"Stop it, Saint Char. I heard the officers damn near cornered him in the classroom because he tried to run." Iyana pursed her lips and gave a look that said she cornered Charity in the conversation.

"Iyana stop lying." Charity rolled her eyes.

"No. I heard they tackled him when he tried to run." Kayla chimed in.

Charity sighed the way her mother did when she was tired of her daughter  being an exhausting teenager.

"You think he's with, you know, them?" Kayla whispered.

"Spell it out for me?" Charity clenched her fist in frustration. Sarone use to be her good friend and she hated rumors spreading about him, especially when it was about him hurting another old friend. "Who?"

"Um, our school's secret society obviously," Kayla told her.

"Wilkerson High has a secret society now? Really Kay."

"I'm not making this stuff up. It's like the towns mini Illuminati. Everyone knows it. You know everyone here. How did you not know about this?"

"Doubt it. My bet is that Sarone wanted to date Janelle again, but she only liked him as the girl Janelle thought he was before coming out and transitioning, so he went crazy and-" Iyana paused as Miko began to speak up.

"Sarone was arrested today? What the hell happened?" Miko was afraid. She couldn't believe Sarone would have anything to do with it and feared that blame would be put on him that should have been put on her.

"Yeah." Charity answered. "They arrested him. Well, I don't even know that it was that. They just wanted him to leave class to speak with them. That's all I or anyone really knows."

Travis

Miko did you hear? They found my sisters killer.