Feild Trip

So sorry guys!!! On Thursday my power went out -.- and then today we were working all day to get it back on. So yeah the update is late but oh well :P

________________________________________

     Sebastian's class was going on a field trip to a pumpkin patch for halloween. This was his first field trip, and he wanted Jim to come along in case anything bad happened.

     Jim wasn't against it, no, especially since it was a Halloween field trip, Jim's favorite holiday.

     Jim bundled Sebastian up in his leather jacket he had bought Sebastian for the chilly season coming up.

     "We're going to have fun today Sebby. I can show you how to carve a pumpkin..." I mean, what was more fun than letting children play with knives? Jim was all for the idea, especially since he could carve all sorts of graphic and gory scenes into pumpkins.

     "Yeah! Emily and I are gonna find the best pumpkins ever!"

     Emily was a little blonde girl that Sebastian had met in class. Jim didn't mind, really, other children were no harm to his relationship with Sebastian. Children had open minds, and Emily accepted Seb's imaginary friend. She even tried to see Jim, so that she could play with Jim and Sebastian. It was rather cute.

      "I know you are. I'll help you two pick up the best ones for carving." Jim pat Sebastian's head and then together they left the orphanage to catch Seb's bus.

     "I'll meet you at the pumpkin patch, okay Sebastian?"

      "Okay, Bye Jim." Sebastian waved at Jim as he got onto the bus. He went over to sit next to Emily.

     "Seb Seb Seb!" Emily bounced excitedly on her seat and pulled Sebastian down next to her. "We're going to find the best pumpkins today right?"

     "Of course! And Jimmy is gonna help us pick out ones good for carving!" Sebastian grinned at Emily and started bouncing also. The entire bus was buzzing with excitement in anticipation of their outing.

     "Ooh!! Yay!!!" Emily rested her head on Seb's shoulder, and Sebastian wrapped his arm around Emily and they both giggled. They were very close for 6 year olds, but they liked their friendship. And Jim was okay with it, so Sebastian was very happy.

     "Mhm! Jim's gonna teach me how to carve a pumpkin too!" Sebastian said proudly. He was very proud to have Jim as a friend.

     Once they reached the pumpkin patch, Seb and Emily ran out into the fields, Jim trailing behind them. he kept pointing out good looking pumpkins to Seb, but he didn't choose any of them. Finally, Sebastian and Emily found two big, Orange pumpkins that were perfect. Emily and Sebastian were beside themselves with happiness. Because for a 6 year old, finding the perfect pumpkin is life's greatest achievement.

     Later that night, back at the orphanage, Jim and Sebastian sat in his room, gutting the pumpkin. Jim made the pumpkin insides disappear when Sebastian scooped them out of the pumpkin. While Jim got rid of the pumpkin guts, Sebastian actually starting drawing Jim on the pumpkin. When Jim returned, he looked at the pumpkin and grinned. Oh, that was adorable. He sat next to Seb and pulled a few pumpkin carving tools out of his pocket, then started showing him how to cut out the outline he had made.

     Sebastian's pumpkin sat out on the porch of the orphanage once they were finished, a small candle flickering inside of it. Sebastian and Jim sat on the porch next to it, watching the little light flicker.

     "I like pumpkin carving." Sebastian said finally, turning to smile at his demon friend.

     "I'm glad Seb. Now lets get you inside. It's getting cold."

     Again, Jim felt a strong attachment to Sebastian, but he wouldn't acknowledge it. He couldn't be going soft... But he was.

     But maybe it was worth it.