Cali Love | August Alsina Love Story |

Chapter One.

Mad Or Nah? | August *The Girl In The Picture Is The Way Diamond Looks*

I had no clue what I was going to do at this point of the game. Was I going to try to pass the ball and have it stolen by the other team or was I going to take my chances and shoot the ball from where I was. There was a minute left on the clock and we needed this point to win the game so I had to make a decision and make one quick. As soon as my wrist moved and the ball flew out of my hand I regretted my sudden movement and wished I wasn't even on the court because I was about to embarrass myself. Everything started to move in slow motion when the ball touched the rim and fell into the basket which officially told us who had won the game. Our side of the crowd went crazy as we jumped up and and heard people chanting our names, numbers, and our mascot name. We went down the line and touched hands with the other team and told them good job on the game that they played, but I could tell that they were mad shoo I would be to if I was winning all that time and then lost to a shot that I just made. One of the boys wouldn't touch hands but it didn't bother me cause either way we had one and they lost and that's all that mattered at this point. As we walked off the court and to the locker room I placed my index finger to my lips and then I pointed to the sky, this one was for him.

"Woo" Coach Brown clapped his hands as he entered the locker room with the biggest smile on his face. He looked like he just won the lottery and received his five million "That was a good game right there. We still have things we need to work on, but I'm not going to kill yo vibe with the bad news when you've just got your good news" We laughed at his choice of words because it just didn't sound right coming from his mouth "Now for the game ball.."

The game ball was something that we did every time we won a game. Coach Brown would give the ball that we played with to the person who showed the best performance out on the court. It was his way of saying thank you for helping us win. I have maybe about nine of them but if I got this one it would mean a lot considering it would be the first one I would get after the passing of my dad. He was one of my biggest supporters and critics. When I fucked up he would let me know and when I did my thing out there on the court he would let me know and that's why I loved him. He was my best friend and since he's passed I've been going harder and doing better on the court because I know he would've wanted me too. This just wasn't for me it was for him too.

"I'm giving it to Mr. Johanson. You put your all into this game and you made that dumb ass shot that resulted in a win for us so here you go"

I grabbed the ball with the biggest smile on my face "Thanks Coach"

"No thank you" He smiled.

"So uh coach where the party at" Red said as he did the dougie like it was in style.

Coach Brown laughed "I'm fifty four ain't no partying going on over here I aint turnt up"

We all laughed at him saying 'turnt up'. I walked out of the locker room and looked for my mom, brother, and my best friend as I roamed the gym I realized that they were no where to be found. If they weren't in the gym then that meant that they were outside so I turned around and began to walk through the crowd of people that were all in my way. When I got outside I seen my best friend talking to the rest of our friends over in a corner.

"Best friend" I said as I wrapped my arms around her neck and rocked us both side to side "Wud up which ya"

Diamond shrugged her shoulders "Nothing waiting on yo ass to come on so that we don't miss this party at the Red Carpet" The Red Carpet was a teen club that people would book for parties and stuff like that. It was also a hang out spot during the day where you would watch the game and eat you some good food. It was a real chill place.