Chapter 2: The Truth Sucks (or Bites)

I coudn't take it anymore. Involuntarily, I puked my breakfast on the floor. I felt my whole body shaking, like I was vibrating. This was too much. Too much. "This is just a dream." I told myself. "Just one, big, crazy dream." 

Though the room was too much to take, curiosity still beat my fear. I tried to take another glance of the room. After some pondering, I realized that some of the limbs belong to some of my classmates. I saw a furry pink bracelet attached to a limb, which was probably Shannon's, then I saw a limb clutching a Blackberry Curve, which was undoubtedly Gary's. "Oh my g-god! What happened to my classmates?!" 

I finally found my strength and entered the room cautiously. I found out that there were also some decapitated heads and some body parts scattered around. "This is like Battle Royale. I never thought this would happen in real life." I searched the room for some familiar faces. Whatever this thing that killed my classmates is, I need to keep my friends away from it. First things first, I need to find my roommate. Basing on the fact that he was a black belter in Tae Kwon Do, he should still be alive from this murderer. Or was it murderers? Who could've killed thirty five students without getting killed? Were my classmates locked in this room? Were the killers the teachers? And where is Ryan? 

I continued my search. Second on my list was my... well, crush. You know you need to rescue your "loved" ones. Nina was my classmate since I transferred here. She was never ignorant, never snobby, and never a hater. She was a nice girl, perhaps, that was why I became attracted to her. I never really liked pretty girls, though Nina was the most beautiful girl in school. Anyway, I didn't found a trace of Nina in the bloody room so I assumed that she was safe. Sometimes, it's better that you have something to hold on to, than to continue without one.  

The first thing I did after leaving the bloody classroom was to call the cops. I needed to report this immediately, this was not a typical murder. I went down the hall and leaned on the wall, then I took out my phone and dialed 9-1-1. After a few seconds or so, the regular answering machine responded, then said that it would redirect me to the center. I was shocked when I was not yet redirected after two minutes. Why won't the cops respond? I needed help! Then I thought about what will happen if the cops arrive and see me here. Would they assume I were a psycho and I killed my classmates? I coudn't bear to be suspected so I ran down the hall and returned to the lobby. 

The lobby was still in ruins, but now there was a student near the exit. She was facing backwards so I didn't saw her face but her hair was blonde like mine. Judging by her height, she was only a freshman. Because I saw that her skin color was now blue-green, like rotted skin, I knew things were going to be a little crazy. Don't get me wrong, I grew up watching different movies, and one of my favorite genres was horror. Maybe she was the killer. Maybe she really was a psycho. I backed away until I was in line with the janitor's closet, about five steps from my previous position. I cautiously opened the closet and took the mop with a metal handle. This should do, I thought to myself. When I closed the closet, the girl was now next to me! 

"Gaah!" I said, raising the mop. Now, the girl was facing me directly, and I could see that her face was rotten and a part of her cheek was torn away. Her eyes were white and without the usual iris you see in a normal person. Even more, her mouth was open huge, as if she was about to bite onto something. Her nails were long and grimy, and are ready to scratch me. Without further thinking, I bashed her head with the mop. She fell backwards and amazingly, her head fell off. Just to be sure, I kicked the body hard. Then, I ran outside. 

So now I know what killed my classmates. I wasn't just born yesterday, I knew what that girl was. And maybe some other more in the world. I know what a zombie looks like.