The Spirit of Vengeance: Prologue

In 8 hours at the time of writing, the first chapter which isn't even really a chapter, has gotten 30 votes and almost 200 reads. Holy, fucking, shit. That is the fastest growing book i've ever made. I take it that you guys do indeed want this book to continues, and so we have the prologue! As promised, before school too! The prologue takes place in Avengers 2012, where Y/n is 13 and the Origin story will be like Robbie Reyes' story with large edits in how he gets it. Let's get to work, shall we?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Present Day-

The Battle of New York, a truly catastrophic event, the likes of which the world had never seem before. The Chitauri, lead by the God of Mischief Loki, the leader, wanted to become the ruler of Earth, but thanks to him, the Avengers were formed, to stop the threat by destroying the Chitauri fleet along with capturing Loki. And they succeeded. The Avengers Initiative had worked! Everyone around the world celebrated the Avengers victory over the God and his seemingly endless fleet! 

However, they never took into account the consequences of their actions. They fought in the middle of buildings containing hundreds of civilians in which the Chitauri took hostages, killing many. People were on the streets running for their lives. And yet, one unfortunate soul suffered the biggest consequence due to the fighting.

His name is Y/n L/n.

-3rd POV, New York City, New York-

The Chitauri filled the streets as people were screaming from inside building and on the street as the Avengers battled the forces of Loki. The Avengers had scattered and had been killing the death squads of the alien attackers, people still rushing out of buildings in an attempt to escape the incoming onslaught and murder. One particular child was running around, caught in the crossfire of the miniature war in the city in a desperate attempt to find the two people he considers family.

 That boys name is Y/n L/n.

Y/n continues to frantically run around until an explosion occurs from a nearby alleyway due to a Chitauri vehicle crash landing, courtesy of Iron Man blasting it out of the sky. Y/n, hearing two familiar screams from that direction, immediately rushed over there, only to be greeted by Chitauri soldiers gunning down a dozen civilians, two of which being Y/n's friends from the orphanage, F/N/1 and F/N/2, both just children. Y/n screams in anger and rushes towards one of the Chitauri invaders, grabbing a metal pipe and swinging the pipe, knocking the aliens head sideways, making it hang by threads of flesh. 

The Chitauri turn around in what could be considered to surprise to a human, and end up firing at Y/n who attempts to dodge behind a car, but not before receiving fatal bullet wounds in his chest and neck. Y/n desperately puts pressure on the wounds in a fragile effort to save himself. It doesn't work.