Chapter Thirty Two-The Choice

Well, hey guys! And here comes the update! But before anything else, I'd like to thank everyone for EVERYTHING. :D And, well--this is actually an important chapter, I guess? Hope you guys like it! :) And if you read the last chapter, I accidentally let Shea have her cell phone (which she supposedly lost on the previous, previous chapter) so I was like O_O. So, I made a minor edit about the phone being a temporary, used one. xD LOL. Sorry guys! 

Hope you like this. 

-Kierra xx 

P.S. Your comments on the chapters? THEY ROCK! 

Chapter Thirty Two-The Choice

                The pancakes smelled great. They freaking smelled great. And I could also smell that sweet scent of Oreos, which meant that Mom made Oreo pancakes, which were, of course, my favorite. As the scent wafted into my room, I buried my head on my pillow.

                No matter how tempting it was, I didn’t want to go downstairs. Knowing that Mom would be sitting there at the dining table with a stern expression on her face? That was just too scary. I could probably have some pancakes later when she’s not around.

                But even as I thought of this, my stomach was grumbling in protest.

                I almost envied Jake, then, because he was probably snoring in his room right now. Well, he wasn’t the one stupid problems here. I was.

                The anger I felt during our fight earlier was still a little evident. I just didn’t understand why this was so important to him—“this” being Cam’s feelings for me.

                And mine for him.

                One day, I’ll say it.

                I groaned into my pillow, willing myself to fall asleep. I wouldn’t want to go on my date with black rings around my eyes.

                It should have been easy, really. It should have been really easy. I’d tell Cam I didn’t love him back, I had a boyfriend I loved, and I hope he could find someone who really deserves him—and done. As easy as one-two-three. Well, it was supposed to be as easy as that.

                But it wasn’t. It’s not easy. It’s not, it’s not, it’s not and it sucks.

                I tried not to over think as I kept on wishing for sleep to come. I was hoping I could go get some sleep, straighten my head out, and once I open my eyes, all these stupid problems would just disappear.

                Grinding my teeth, I sat upright. I could still smell the pancakes.

                To hell with Mom’s “talk,” I'm having pancakes.

                I stood up from my bed and went out my room. As I passed Jake’s room, I noticed his door was half-open. Peeking inside (hoping not to see any porn and… er… worse stuff), I saw him sprawled on his bed, peacefully asleep (thank heavens!).

                Still angry with him and that fight and everything else, I just continued on my way to the stairs. As I descended down the stairs, I could almost hear Jake’s words earlier.

                “You know what sucks, Shea? It’s the fact that I think you and Cam are perfect for each other—and the fact that at the same time, I hope he fucking hates you because he deserves so much more. So much more,” he had said as he shook his head.