The Pawn

Chapter 4

"We are sorry, but we need a little more time to pay Mr. Alba" Consuelo Perez ask.
"You know very Well that Mr. Smith isn 't the nicest person ever known." He look at the woman who sit beside her husband.
The ambience of the cafe is cozy and relaxing. Pero kabaligtaran ito sa atmosperang bumabalot sa paligid ng mga nag-uusap. Malamig ang aircon ngunit tumatagaktak any pawis nilang mag asawa.
" I thought he is the one who will meet us" Maximo, Consuelos husband ask.

The young lawyer just chuckled. "And on what previledge? My client is a busy man and besides be careful what you are asking For. Be thankful that I am the one who is in front of you. Much more, humane." And stare to the couple with it's stoic face. "We will give you 2 weeks that will be the last chance."

The couple glance at each other and nod. As the gentleman infront of them stand and walk away to the exit they remain silent for a few seconds.

They know that they are cornered. "Its your fault." Consuelo snaps to her husband.
"What?" Di makapaniwalang lingon sa asawa. "For all you know I tried my best to save our company." He glared and mutter a curse. ""But you, you just know how to spend money to those expensive bulls***t cothes and bags of yours.
"Ikaw naman talaga may kasalanan. Kung di ka naman ba nagpakalulong sa sugal di sana wala tau sa ganitong sitwasyon." She wanted to burst in tears.

"Enough. We really need to come around. Just help me with this ok? Suddenly it's mobile phone rings. It's the same man a while ago. Maybe he forgot to tell something important.

"Mr. Alba?" He fell silent. After a few words the lawyer disconnects the call.

"So, what does he says?" Consuelo ask curioisly..

"Mr. Smith will meet us tomorrow." They both look at eachother.

Dylan Alba POv
"Smith, they are already informed about tomorrow. The details are also sent to your email. I will prepare everything. You owe me millions with this beast." He continue driving, he knows how very cunning and ruthless he is. You are either on his side or his enemy nuetral is not his type. Better know which side to choose. He sped the car. A lot of things needed to be done. 

RAGE POV
I am sipping my wine while looking outside the city lights. The whole place is dark. If not with the ceiling to floor glass window everything will be pitch black.
"That damn old man. How could he do this to me?"He cursed while thinking what converstaion they had trough the phone because he doesn't want to see him pesonally.

" Rage." His father who is strange to him for the past 15 years. How he become is a big part of his fathers doing.

"Old man, I heard you're... dying" He chuckled sarcastically. "Oh, I guess you'll replace the devil in hell."

"Enough son, I am still your father." The old man is catching it's breath because of the insult thrown at him.

"You know you lost your son many years ago."he whispers. Everytime he is talking to his father the past all comes back as if it just happened yesterday.

"I know you don't have any intentions of seing me even in my dying days. But if you are still concern about the island your mother owned you have no choice but to see me."

Saglit syang natigilan. Matagal nya nang hinahabol ang islang yun. It's her mother heirloom. He can buy as much as many islands he wanted to. But her mothers island is where all the memories of his mom and his childhood. He doesn't know how his father has taken it over legally and transffered under his name.

"What do you mean" he ask.
"See me this weekend, my lawyer emailed you some details about my last will, read it."

That's how their conversation ended. He take a look at the email. May idea na sya sa sasabihin ng kanyang ama. He must be on the upperhand of the situation. He smirk, you still don't know me father.

"Sir, Mr. and Mrs. Perez is here." His secretary informs him through the intercom.
"Send them in." He still reading some documents when he hears the door open. And the greetings from his visitors.

"Good afternoon Mr. Smith" he heard the man who he guess is in his late forties. Same with the woman beside him.

"Mr. Perez, I will not beat around the bush here." He stare at them and already tasted the fear. "You owe 20 million from my casino plus the interest accumalated from the years you failed to pay back."

"Ehheem Mr. Smith, I am doing my best to pay back the money." Kabado man ay pinilit pa rin ng ginoo na makapagsalita ng maayos.

Rage forehead creases. "How?, your company falls to bancruptsy. Some of your lands outside the metro is already pawned at the bank."

Napalunok sa nerbyos ang mag asawa.
"Give us a chance Mr. Smith, we will do anything just to pay you back." Consuelo intervines.

His cold face remain stoic. "Are you sure you'll do anything in favor of me?"

"Carl" he called the man through intercom. As the man enters the room eyeing the couple.

"Give her a gun" he suddenly ask his bodyguard/driver and the man follows without questions ask.

"Shoot your husband." The womans face become pale. It shook her to the core. And realize what the lawyer said. That they wont like to cross this man. Bumagsak ang baril sa sahig.

"You can't do it?" Ang halakhak nya na di man lang umabot sa kanyang mga mata ang pumuno sa paligid.

"I will now set the deal." He again called the attention of Carl. Who's now picking the gun. And the man handed him an envelope.

"Obviously, I have already investigated you both. Even the smallest stain of your shitty life."

The couple remains unmoved. Hindi pa din sila makahuma sa pangyayati ilang  minuto lamang ang nakakaraan. Nanginginig ang mga kamay na inabot nila ang mga papeles na nasa envelope. It also had pictures of their next of kin. From the child of them both. Pati na ang kanilang mga magulang.

Inabot ni Rage ang isang litrato na kilalang kilala no Consuelo. "I want her to be your payment."