SHE LEFT

Steve wakes up before Katrina does but he remembers that he'd promised her that he would stay until she woke up. He holds onto her, his arms still wrapped tightly around her, his eyes wandering over every inch of her that he could see. Every beautiful, perfect inch. "Katrina... baby, I have to go..."

"Please don't..." She whispers cuddling further into his grip and leaving a kiss to his bare chest before she suddenly feels the cold of the sheets shifting and his body moving away from her. "Steven..."

"I know but I have to go. I promised you I would be here when you woke up... Here I am. I'm here but now I'm leaving, Kat." He gets up out of the bed and finds his shirt from the corner of the room, tossing her shirt over to her and slipping his over his head.

"You stopped loving me..." She breathes.

"No. No, you know better than that. Kat, I will never stop loving you!" He sits back down on the edge of the bed, bringing her head to his chest and holding her tight. His arms wrapped around her shoulders as he feels them start to shake from her crying. "Please, don't cry..."

"I... I'll stop..." Katrina whispers and pushes off him, pushing him away from her. "Just... go. Just go, Steven."

"Kat-"

"Go!" She shouts, "We said one more night... That's what this was, now we're done... Again. For real this time."

When Steve had gone home that morning, he'd gone home to find Sharon sitting in the chair that's always been beside the door. She'd asked where he'd been and he stuttered and told her that he was out drinking. Sharon had always been afraid of him drinking and then going off with Katrina, which he did. She knew that Katrina was always there, drinking.

Sharon pushed him away from her in anger and then stormed out the door with the bag that she'd packed for herself. She knew what he'd done and she knew that he would never be the same- so she left. She left him and never came back after.

If Steve told Katrina that, then she'd be heartbroken. She'd be devastated that he'd been left alone for so long now. That he hadn't come back to her when Sharon left but he'd kept his promise to her. He'd left her alone to have her child but he didn't think that he'd actually left her with one. That he'd actually gotten her pregnant with his daughter.

"A girl..." He smiles and he kneels down in front of her, a small tear in his eye.

"Yep!" She giggles and then looks down at him. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to kiss my daughter... My beautiful daughter..." When she doesn't answer him, he hesitates, "If that's okay with you."

"Steven, yeah. Yeah, go ahead. Please." She smiles down at him. "Go for it."

He chuckles and kisses her clothed stomach with a smile and then stands back up. "Katrina, how many months has it been now?"

"It's been... Oh... four?" She calculates in her head.

"Four... That makes five months and I get to see my little girl."

"I... Steven what about Sharon and her baby, your child with her..." That question hits him hard but he doesn't want to answer it truthfully.

"She uh... She's doing great... She's gonna have the baby in just a few more months, it's due in two months."

"It?"

"Yeah, she knows the gender and she won't tell me. No matter how much I beg her to tell me." He chuckles and then looks around the apartment.

"Well, I need to go to the doctors today, Steven, would you want to come with me?"

"I- I can't. I have to be at work today. I'm sorry." He apologizes to her for not being able to go with her to this appointment.

"It's okay!" She doesn't lose her smile, "At least I'm keeping up with the visits this time. I'm really trying this time, Steve, she's going to be perfect."

"I know she will be." He kisses her head and she blushes as he turns to leave, he opens the door again and goes back to his car. That was the quickest visit... I don't want to leave but I have to... She might think Sharon is gone... He knows that Sharon's left him high and dry but he doesn't want Katrina to know it.