HIM

Katrina goes to the bar. The same bar that she had been in the night before. She goes every night but last night was one of the nights that she regrets completely. One of the male bartenders cat calls her as she walks in past the bouncer and directly to the lone stool that they all save for her. "Dustin, I need a round of the strongest you got."

He looks at her with widening eyes, "You want the... Okay..."

Dustin turns around to the bottles of liquor, whiskey, bourbon, scotch, wine, and vodka. "How about a little bit of everything? One at a time?"

"Why? You think I can't handle the strong shit?"

"Exactly, darlin'. I know you can't handle it, even with as much as you come to visit me." He chuckles a little then pours her a shot of vodka first with a smile and a concerned look in his eyes when the phone rings. "I got it."

"It's yours already..." Katrina pulls her hair up into her normal high ponytail that she knows that Steve always liked.

"Up? Or down?" She has a smile on her face as she winks and lets her hair down just as she says 'down'. When Steve smiles back at her and chuckles, she narrows her eyes and puts her hair up. Katrina knows that he likes when her hair is up and out of his way. "Out of the way it is then."

"Good girl." He teases and waltzes over to her to plant a kiss to her lips before pulling away and searching her eyes with his own, not sure what he's looking for. She knows that there's something that he's suspicious of. It's been a month since she had the miscarriage, since she lost his little girl inside her womb.

"What exactly is that supposed to mean? We both know that I'm nowhere near a good girl, Steven..." She teases him back with a giggle as his arms snake around her waist and tugs her hips closer to his own.

"I know... but you're still my girl. You're good most of the time... So why not?" He kisses her again, pressing his lips to hers and breaking away only to kiss her over and over again. "I love you."

"I love you more, Steven." She whispers and runs her hand through his hair with a grin and a laugh. "Come on, let's go."

"Do you love me?" He asks, she finally gets a whiff of the alcohol on his breath. She knows that he can't get drunk but she knows that he can get a little bit of a buzz and nothing more. "Kat, do you love me?"

"Yes... I... I just told you that I do baby, what's... What's gotten into you?" She wonders, trying to pull away from him. She's never been worried about his finding out about what's going on with her and Dustin.

"You're with Dustin, again, aren't you?" He asks, narrowing his eyes and finding her silence a suitable answer.

"You... You know that I'm not Steve..."

"You are and you're lying to me." He takes a step back from her when she breaks away. "I know you are and you just... If you don't want to be with me anymore, I get it. Just don't keep blaming yourself for-"

"Steven! Stop it!" Katrina shouts at him and turns away. He knows that she's cheating. "You're just... You need to rest, come on, let's go get some sleep."

"No. Not until you tell me the truth. Are you with him now or not?" Steve crosses his arms and raises his eyebrows.

"No. No, Steven, I'm not." She shakes her head and looks him dead in theeye, keeping her gaze on his as she lies to him. Lies to his face and ruiningwhat she has with him.