25

lannans pov

it was time.

"shall we get a takeaway tonight?" i asked to start off my plan.

"i'm not really that hungry at the minute but we can do if you two want to" (y/n) replied.

"yeah okay, pizza?" lachlan stated, going along with the plan.

i rang up the pizza place and told them we would collect it.

"why didn't you ask for delivery?" she asked.

"umm, i don't know, i just did"

"i'll go collect it, (y/n) come with me?" lachlan said standing up.

"sure"

after a few minutes, they left. i had about 20 minutes to set everything up. i went up into my office and opened up the cupboard pulling everything that i needed from it.

shit i was nervous.

15 minutes later

everything was set up. it was perfect. i went into the bedroom and got changed into a white shirt and trousers. i sprayed my expensive cologne on me; (y/n)'s favourite.

i took my place in my office and waited.

————

(y/n) pov

once we collected the pizza, myself and lachlan got back into his tesla.

"so, you really love lannan ey?" he asked me.

"yeah. so much. i literally want to spend the rest of my life with him"

"do you think you'll get married one day?"

i laughed. "i'd like to. he's got to ask me first"

he laughed and carried on driving.

we eventually got back to the house we got out the car. as we approached the door, lachlan pulled his phone out and started filming me.

"lachlan? why are you filming me?" i asked as i pulled my keys from my pocket.

"just open the door" he giggled.

"i swear to god, if anything jumps out at me i'm gonna shit myself" we both laughed.

i opened the door, revealing rose petals scattered along the floor, trailing off through the house.

"lachlan, what's going on? is this why you're filming?" he nodded.

i put the pizza down on the table and followed the petals. they lead me through the kitchen, into the living room and round to the stairs.

"what is happeningggg" i exclaimed, turning behind me to see lachlan still filming, smiling.

i continued to follow the petals up the stairs and along the corridor. i came to a stop when the petals trailed under our bedroom door.

"is he in here?" i turned to ask lachlan.

"he might be"

i slowly opened the door, the rose petals continued to trail and led to the bed. i couldn't see lannan anywhere.

the room was so romantic. even more petals scattered all over the bed and candles surrounding it. i walked over to the bed to see a note laying in the centre of the bed.

to, (y/n), my absolute world
you are the love of life. i've never felt this way towards anyone and i'm so glad that it's you that i've fallen in love with. these past 7 months have been the best of my entire life. we've made so many memories together and although we've had a couple of ups and downs, i wouldn't change it for the world.

i started to tear up as i read it aloud for lachlan and his camera to hear.

now, you know i've not really got the poetic language like shakespeare or something so i'm gonna keep this bit short. turn around :) xx

my heart was racing. i turned around to see lannan who had emerged from his office, he looked nervous.

"lannan you're making me cry" we both giggled and i wiped away the tears rolling down my cheeks.

"i love you so much (y/n) so i was wondering if" he pulled out a box from his pocket, took one of my hands and crouched down onto one knee. "you'd spend the rest of your life with me and make me the luckiest man alive by becoming my wife?" he smiled, holding out the box, showing a shiny diamond ring. even lachlan had a single tear in his eye.

"lannan." i paused.

"of course i will!" i cheered. he stood back up and picked me up by my waist and span me round.

"i love you so much" i said as he put be back down.

"i love you too" he smiled.