33

we took a long walk hand in hand along the beach, watching the beautiful sunset.

after around 15 minutes of walking the shore, we decided to get back to the hotel to get ready to go out for dinner.

during the walk back to the hotel, we had to pass a rough part of the city. we were approaching a bar and there were loads of drunk guys loitering around out the front.

as we got closer, all the guys started to whistle at me, walking up to us. soon, i was surrounded by them. one of them had slid himself in between lannan and i, angering him.

they were all trying to talk to me, asking me for my number when one of them started to run his hands up my legs and around the hem of my shorts. i hit his hand away and lannan pushed him off of me.

"hey back off, she's taken." lannan demanded, stepping in front of me, blocking them from being near me.

"yeah, fuck off man it's just a bit of fun" the guy got closer to lannan, angrily staring down at him.

"well i don't think my girlfriend is finding it any fun, so just let us continue with our night" lannan said and gave him a little shove.

the man then punched lannan in the face, giving him a slightly split lip. he wiped the blood away from his lip, grabbed my hand and took us both away from the situation.

once we got out of the street, i stopped lannan to look at his face.

"baby are you alright?" i asked, wiping more blood away.

"yeah i'll be fine, i couldn't let them do that to you" he said holding both my hands

"you're the best, i love you."

"i love you too"

————

we got back to the hotel and i sat lannan down on the bed. i went over to the mini fridge and got out a bag of ice, wrapped it in a towel and gently applied it to his cut.

"ow, that's cold" lannan flinched

"i know, but it'll stop swelling" i laughed.

we sat in silence as i put some disinfectant on his lip.

"thankyou for that, i don't even want to think about what they might've done to me if you weren't there to protect me" i declared.

"don't worry about it. i'm never going to let anything like that happen again, i promise" he said, giving me a kiss.

"you still want to go out tonight?" he asked.

"hmmmm. i don't know, i'm still a bit shaken up from what's happened"

"yeah of course. why don't we just spend tonight in bed together, we could watch some films?" he suggested.

"sounds perfect" i smiled, giving him a longer and deeper kiss.