60

"babe, can you come help me with something?" i heard lannan shout from the kitchen

i walked in and saw lannan stood, squinting at the back of a food packet.

"what's up?" i asked, standing next to him

"i can't fucking read how long it says to put it in the microwave for" he replied in frustration

i took it out of his hands and read it

"2 minutes" i said, handing it back. "is it really getting that bad?" i hugged him

"yeah i'm struggling to read properly without having to stare at it for ages" he replied

"you really need to do something about it" i sighed

"yeah i know. i think i know what but i don't know if it will work"

"your health is more important than anything, you just need to do something before it's definitely too late"

"i know." he sighed.

————

i was sat in my office, editing my newest vlog, while lannan was in his, which was next door to mine.

as i was just doing the finishing touches, i felt a sharp pain in my stomach and my waters broke, making me flinch.

"lannan! come quick, please!" i shouted

he opened my door and once he realised what was happening, he rushed over to me and helped me stand up.

"he's coming" i said, gritting my teeth through the pain

"b-but it's like a month early" he replied shakily

"i know, i just need to get to the hospital"

"uh. okay. um" he grabbed my hand and helped me out towards the front door

"tannar! we'll be back soon, and with a new person!" he shouted up the stairs to his sister and before she could reply, we were out of the door.

when we reached the car, we quickly got in and lannan drove as fast as he could to the hospital while still trying to stick to the speed limit.

the whole way there, he gripped my hand and kept rubbing it, occasionally taking it away to change the gear.

he pulled up as close as he could to the front doors and ran inside, bringing a nurse and wheelchair back with him.

the nurse helped me into the chair and took me through the hospital, into a delivery room. i got onto the bed and lannan sat next to me, tightly holding my hand.

i don't really know how to write about giving birth lol. i've wrote this section out so many times but deleted it because it didn't seem right so forgive me for that but i've never experienced birth :)

i let out a sigh of relief when i finally felt the pain stop and heard a baby start to cry. lannan wiped the small tears from his eyes and leant down to give me a hug.

the midwife wrapped him up in a blanket and gently placed him down in my arms. i started to tear up as lannan and i looked down at him.

"so beautiful" i whispered, smiling. i looked up to lannan and held the baby up to him, making him take him and hold him.

he had a massive smile on his face as he rocked from side to side.

"hey buddy" he laughed gently "i can't wait to teach you some dumb shit" he whispered, making us both laugh.

as he stood there, i reached over to his phone and took a picture of the both of them without lannan realising.