3: Something new, and something blue

There are times where I have had my ups and downs but this feeling is neither - it's a feeling trapped in a dark cold place called limbo. A place where I'm forced to accept who I am or continue to run and hide, coward away from it but that would get me nowhere. That's why I'm accepting it, because I feel like it's the right thing to do and I've always felt like there was a hole in my heart, and one that could never be filled. I know I'll be leaving everyone whom I love behind, but that's why it's called a sacrifice.

Another thing or thought lingered on my churned up mind - I'll be leaving tomorrow, leaving London, and living somewhere completely new. I'll probably have no friends since it was hard enough to make friends here but I guess it does give a slight ease that I'll be a princess in a royal court, and I'd probably be bound to make friends with people there or at least be able to talk to at least someone. Then the second thought popped into my head: my dad, I have no idea what he's like. My mum showed me a few pictures of him when I was around fourteen but even then it was hard to figure out what my dad was like or is like. It's so hard to distract my mind, even when I'm on my computer. Then I heard someone shuffling behind my door and the footsteps sounded heavy. I knew it wasn't my mum, she'd normally enter my room straight away without lingering right outside my door. This person sounded different, with the deep breathing and the hesitation. Then the deep voice erupted

 "Knock Knock?"

Feeling a little bit scared, my hands caught my knees and I curled myself into a ball, but then I realised that his voice sounded familiar and responded, “Who’s there?"

 "Vlad."

 "Vlad who?" 

The door creaked open and his face conjured a smirk, with his hands running through his dark brown hair. He leaned against the doorframe as he studied me. The thought that he was even able to get into here was beyond me.

"Why are you here? Did you break anything?"

"No, I didn't break anything."

"Then why are you here?"

"I'm here because I'm going to lead you back to the kingdom. You shouldn't have worked out by now that I'm the one who’s going to be escorting you back. Your mother thought that I was the perfect candidate to protect the princess if you were to come into harm’s way. That also reminds me, you'll only be allowed to take a few personal belongings with you since you practically have a new wardrobe full of dresses back in Italy."

My head never rested from this. The important thing though was that I had to pick a few things to bring with me and I knew what I'd bring. The picture with me and Chantelle - there's really nothing else that I'd bring along. I lightly hopped off my bed and picked up the picture and smiled while Vlad stood there staring at me.

"So princess, would you care to go on a stroll through the gardens with me?"

No one in my entire life has ever asked me to go for a 'stroll'. Especially at midnight where there could be god knows what out there. I hesitated before replying to him, "Sure, why not." It was humid outside due to the fact that it was the summer, so I guess it was perfect.

His lips curled into a slight smile as he saw me walking up to him to leave. I've never met anyone or any guy like him that doesn't act like a jerk at all. You could call him the perfect gentlemen. Wandering down the hall way, I could see my mum trekking up towards us. She actually looked somewhat happy.

 "Ana, so I see you've met Prince Vladimir?" Why did she look happy? I have never seen her so lit up before. This looked even more frightening when she showed me her fangs.

"Yeah, I guess I have."

"Make sure you're ready for tomorrow, and the prince will show you to your way."