Chapter 6

The moon illuminated the surroundings which made everything seem peaceful. I sat on the grass, and stared at my shadow as I shivered.

How would my mother react tomorrow when she discovers I am gone? I haven't really thought about that. I tried to smile, but I just couldn't.

I hugged myself and tried to keep warm. All of a sudden, I heard rustling in the bushes. My head turned to where the noise had came from. I waited for a good 5minutes, nothing happened. I shook my head, "Just the wind..." I mumbled to myself. I yawned, and began to feel tired.

I certainly wasn't going to fall asleep without feeling safe about my surroundings.

I stood up and started to look around. I spotted a bush, it seemed to have berries on it. Were they good, or poisonous? I couldn't really tell, should I find out...? No. I'm not going to risk my life on these berries. I shook my head and turned away from the bush.

I sat down where I previously sat and hugged my knees nervously. I was too afraid to go further into the woods, What if I get lost and I can't find my way out? No.. I'm not going to let my fear stop me from finding Toby.

I grabbed my bag and stood up. I started to walk straight, mainly because I didn't know where else to go. It was pretty boring, mainly because I was alone. A noise made me jump up in surprise, it was the noise of rustling in the bushes, again.

I turned my head around and I could swear I'm being followed... I feel it. I remained still for a couple of minutes; nothing.

I rolled my eyes because of how stupid I was acting. I continued to walk, there it was again... The rustle.

I turned around quickly once again and narrowed my eyes. "Whose there?" I said in a tone of annoyance. Nobody replied, "Hello? Anybody there...?" I repeated, this time in a tone of fear.

The rustling became louder as I saw something white hiding in the bush. "I... I see you..." I croaked out.

Suddenly, a person walked out. His skin was almost white, his hair was jet black, his cheeks seemed to be cut on both sides that made it look like a smile, his eyelids were burnt and he didn't have any, he seemed to be carrying a knife and looking at me with a crooked smile.

He didn't say anything, I just froze in fear, unable to move. He took a step closer to me, and continued to do it, one by one. He stopped when he was a few inches from me. "Go to sleep..." He said.

I didn't understand what he meant, it all started to make sense when I saw his knife pointing to where my heart is located. I screamed, and backed away from him.

I turned away and started to run away from him, I didn't look back, I just kept running. I couldn't believe what I had just witnessed... That face... Who was he...? My thoughts were interrupted once I tripped over a rock, and fell on the grass. I shook my head and turned around to see if he was following me, I didn't see anybody, Maybe I lost him?

I sighed of relief and looked straight again. Suddenly, a hand went over my mouth and I was face-to-face with the same person again. "Shhh..." He evilly snickered. My eyes widened with fear and tears started to stream down my cheeks.

He slowly pulled out his knife once again, I shook my head violently and pulled away from him. I crawled backwards away from him. He chuckled and walked slowly to me. Suddenly, he stopped walking and looked behind me. I stopped as well, what could have stopped him?

I looked up and saw another person,

his skin was almost white, his hair was quite brown, he wore iron goggles, and a mask that slightly looked like a smile; he had a jacket and pants that seemed very familiar. I felt as if I knew him...

But then it hit me, once I heard him speak, I realized something - It was Toby.

----------------------------------------------

Ooohh what's gonna happen next? Cliffhanger! <3

~DoingItRightx