1 - prologue

The smell of Seoul made you smile in content.
Its been two years, huh? you thought to yourself.

Two years since this stupid scholarship started.

Everyday was the same old thing, work, school, eat, sleep.

You didn't mind, really. You had a few people or so you could talk to about your assignments and seniors who you could look up to. You were shy, but had a level of respect - thanks to those honour rolls . But even so, being described as an introvert was an understatement.

Taking off your coat, you entered your small apartment. The lights flickered on, and you exhaled.

Your apartment building wasn't the usual. Everyone knew each other, but never really communicated. You would say hi often to your neighbours but never have actually held a proper conversation.
What was unusual was the door in front of yours.

His name was Park Jimin, and that's all you know about him.

_____

You sighed and checked your watch,
11:50 pm.
You pulled your hair and decided to go down on a whim for some fresh air. Your week was filled with assignments and exams, not to mention the other part time jobs begging for your attendance.

You bought your caramel macchiato and packets of instant noodles, two of each just in case you get hungry again from your all nighter. How long was it since you had a proper meal? You wouldnt be surprised if your arms slowly started to turn to noodles too.

You heaved your heavy footsteps leading to the front of your neighbours door. You heard quiet sobs and cries, hardly audible but still is.

Out of curiosity, you knocked on the door and opened it, quite shocked it wasn't locked.

"Hello?" You said softly, the lights were all off and yet two candles were lit on top of a birthday cake. Behind the cake, was a tear stained cheek.

The owner was none other than Park Jimin.

That's when everything happened. The start of a friendship, the blossom of a flower you wished you wouldve known from the start.

A spider lily.

_____