Chapter 3| Send Me Your Way

Every beat was an agonizing second closer to him knowing the fact that I was an idiot. I could feel his solid body pressed up against mine and as he got up, our faces met. I could see him clearly and for once in my life, my heart was open to another. There was silence for a while, he stood up and didnt say a thing. I knew that the silence was killing him as much as it was killing me; so slid the photo across the table.
"H-here." I stuttered and my face was completely flushed. He closely inspected it and laughed loudly.
"Hey, I think your thumb is covering the lense." I rushed to snatch the photo, "No i'm not!" I could barely get my words out. He had a massive grin. He was toying with me! I wasn't mad, I felt appreciated. It's almost as if we've known eachother for a lifetime.

BEEP! BEEP!
"Crap!" I sat up on my bed quickly, "I'm going to be late!" Yesterday with Jimin was amazing, he cheered me up. I didn't think about my project once! After we spoke for a while, he gave me his number because he still wanted to repay me for rescuing his cat. I'm surprised considering I fell on him and took a picture of him. I was sure I scared him off. I had a lot of catching up to do if I wanted to meet my deadline. Today is a new day, no distractions, and I was sure of it.

Lectures were over, it was 1:00 am and I wanted to get another dose of my afternoon coffee. I knew I couldn't see Jimin - it would be a busy time for him. So I walked on over to the usual coffee shop. My walk was full of life - peaceful. Life promised me an easy one, a life where I could do my studies. After my sister, I saw life holding many opportunities for me. So why did it lie? My peaceful coffee shop, why was he there?
"Taehyung!" For some reason I greated, he was sat at a table alone. He looked better than yesterday (the world loves to punish me).
"Oh hey. Jangmi? Right?" He was upset and I couldn't help but ask why.
"Are you okay? I'll get you a coffee."
"It's okay." He was blunt, almost as if he didn't want to talk to me.
"Shall I go?"
"Yeah, is that okay?" I turned to see Sang Hee - as evil looking as ever. Taehyung gave her a sour look, his head was held by one of his hands.
"You stay Jangmi."
"WHAT?!" Sang Hee yelled and the highly populated coffee shop turned to look. Wasn't she embarrassed?
"Are you serious Tae, baby I'm sorry! Did I do something?" Sang Hee was about to cry she spoke sympathetically - I almost felt bad for her. Taehyung, however, didn't look at her, "I want you out by Monday." (it was Friday.) She bursted out with tears, she left the coffee shop in a hurry. I felt super awkward...

I wanted answers so I angrily pulled out a chair, "what was that about? Everyone was starring, it was super embarrassing."
"Can I have your number?" He looked up at me, eyes of sorrow. They spoke with plea, I wrote my number on a napkin and gave it to him.
"Call me if you need me." I was unsure, but I did it anyway. I would probably regret it later. Taehyung grabbed my wrist and snatched the pen from my hand. He pulled me close from across the table, and wrote his number on my hand.
"Call me." He was casual and walked out of the shop, people were nosy. One waitress asked, "is he your boyfriend?"

It was around 3:30 when Taehyung called me. I was at home editing some of my photos on my laptop. I wandered what he wanted, so I picked up the phone, "hello?"
"Hey Jangmi, I was wondering of you could help me out?" Such a blank tone, to be real, I didn't want to help him. I was pacing around thinking about it, until, "with?" To think I considered helping him.
"Meet me were we first met at 4:00 pm." He hung up the phone.

I went on my way to the park, I wandered what happened with Sang Hee, I couldn't just ask him, that would be prying. I already got the sense that he didn't like me very much. At least the weather isn't as snowy as yesterday.  It was 4:06 pm, exactly, and sure enough he was there.
"You're late." Taehyung said so coldly, it gave me shivers. He was sat on the playground fence. I walked up to him facing him oppositely. I was annoyed at the way he spoke to me.
"Aren't I helping you?" My sister once told me, if people don't give you the respect that you give yourself, they're not worth the hassle. I started to walk away... He moodily raised his voice "Wait!" Taehyung rolled his eyes and looked at the sky, "sorry, I need help finding work. I haven't been myself since Sang Hee cheated on me. Her brother didn't help the situation; I worked for him. Since I broke up with her. He fired me."
I turned back around and walked up to him, he's always looking down. He always looks down.
"Why are you always sad?" I looked at him with concern, I reached for his wrists. He looked up at me, "I really did love her. I wanted my first love to be my last. I invested all my love and to be betrayed like that - it hurt.
"That's really unrealistic, " I wasn't going to lie to him. Nor was I going to ignore him, "if you're afraid of your heart being broken, then you might as well keep it to yourself. The thing with relationships is that they are unpredictable. You can't hide from your feelings either. As for a job... I think I might be able to help you."
Taehyung got up, I still had his wrists, he pulled himself in closer to me. He hugged me and in a soft voice he thanked me, "I won't forget your kindness. Never."
I took a step back, I smiled. I didn't think I'd see him again. He smiled back, for the first time he smiled at me.

"Wait!" Taehyung got flustered after I got my camera and took the picture that I thought he deserved to see - the beautiful smile I fell in love with

"You see," I showed him the picture and sweetly I told him, "this smile gives me joy; you to deserve that joy. Keep it." I gave it to him, he grabbed it and frowned...
"I look awful." I laughed and he did to.

There goes my peaceful life... And I am okay with that...