01

⤖ BETHANY'S POV

I sighed as I looked at my sister’s closet. Nothing but black, grey and dark blue covered Stephanie’s closet. “Don’t you have anything that has like.. well colour?” I asked her. “Actually yes!” She started going through her closet, throwing what seems a hundred dark t-shirts and jeans on the floor. “Look!” she then stated proudly, while holding up a neon orange Superman shirt. “You’re shitting me, right?” I gasped, and she giggled. “I’m afraid that’s all I have Beth.. Please help me, Bradley is picking me up in six hours!”

My little sister was about to go on her first date, how adorable. Unfortunately, Stephanie doesn’t really like dressing up, and she usually just wears dark skinny jeans and black or grey singlets. Sometimes I really wonder how we are related. I do like her style, and I actually own a few pairs of dark skinny jeans myself, but other than that I try to avoid wearing dark colours as much as I can.

I glanced at the clock that was hanging just above Stephanie’s bedroom door. It was 2PM, and Bradley, Stephanie’s classmate and date, was picking her up at 8PM. “Let’s go shopping.” I blurted out. “You’re shitting me, right?” Stephanie mimicked me. “No, I’m actually not kidding. If we leave now we have just about enough time to buy you a cute outfit, get back home and do your hair and make up.” Stephanie shrugged. “Yeah sure.”

Stephanie isn’t that into fashion, and also doesn’t really enjoy going shopping. I, on the other hand, love going to the mall. Me and my friends can spend hours at the mall. We make sure to go to every single store there is, including my personal favourite’s Primark, Forever 21 and MAC. Besides my passion for fashion, I love make up and nail stuff. A year ago, when I was still living in London, I actually started a blog about it. I reviewed things, showed some DIY’s and answered questions. In no time I had about five hundred people reading my posts. Since I’d moved to Melbourne, I hadn’t posted a lot, because I was way too busy trying to fit in. Luckily I’m a pretty social person, and after a few days I had actually made some friends. Andrea and Troye had become my best friends instantly, and as the days passed I became the ‘queen bee’ of a little clique. I’m not quite sure how that happened though. Maybe because I was British, or maybe because my mom was a fashion designer. God knows why, but it felt great having a group of people having your back. Especially when you’re the new kid.

“Okay, you ready to go Beth?” I nodded, and after quickly grabbing my phone and purse in my own room, we left the house. Since the mall was only a few blocks away, we decided to walk.

“So, how’s everything at school?” I asked my fifteen year old sister.

It had only been just over three months since we’d moved here, and eventhough everyone here was really nice, I missed everything at home so much. My grandparents, my best friends Marcus and Helen, I even missed my school uniform. Okay no, that’s a lie, I love being able to dress just the way I want here in Australia, but I do admit I kind of miss my old school.

“It’s no the same as in London, but it’s alright I guess. Besides Bradley and Zendaya, I have two other friends that are pretty cool.”

Stephanie had brought home Zendaya a few days after we’d arrived here. We arrived on a Saturday, and on Tuesday Zendaya came over after school, and helped us painting the walls of the bedrooms, and unpacking. I had instantly loved her. She was funny, had good manners and she loved fashion and dancing. It was quite funny that Stephanie and Zendaya had become such good friends, because they were actually completely different. While Zendaya danced like it was her last dance, my sister couldn’t even properly dance the macarena. My mother was also very fond of her, so since that day she’d come over a hella lot of times. I didn’t mind, because it was great having her around. It almost felt like she completed our family again.

My parents had divorced, about eight months before my mom got offered a job here in Melbourne. Since my father had lost his job, he’d been drinking a lot. He’d come home completely hammered, and he would try to pull a fight with my mom every single night. She kept up with it, because me and my sister had no idea because we were usually sleeping, and by day he was the greatest father you could wish for. But when Stephie and I found out, my mom decided she no longer wanted to put up with his shit, and left him. We lived in a small apartment from March until the end of January. In November my mom got offered a job in Melbourne, so a bit after winter holiday, we moved to Australia. 

"Okay, where should we go first?" Stephie asked, as soon as we entered the mall. "I'd say Forever 21, to find you a cute dress, then Claire's for the accesoires, and lastly MAC to find you a nice lipstick. And maybe I'll buy myself one too." I giggled. Before even entering Forever 21, I had already laid my eyes on an incredibly cute dress. "That's the one!" I said, while pointing at the black and white striped dress. "That?!" my sister asked horrified. "Stephie, I promise it'll look good on you. Please just give it a try?" Stephanie rolled her eyes, then shrugged while saying "yeah whatever." We looked for her size, and then headed to the fitting rooms. After five minutes or so, I heard Stephie mumble "wow.. that does look good." "Show me!" I said enthusiastic. Stephie walked out, and hell she looked amazing in that dress. "Steph, you look absolutely gorgeous." Stephie's cheeks turned red, and she giggled. "We can match that with a light shade of red lipstick, and you can wear my black and white heels. Or maybe my black Prada's. Oh and we have to buy you a black clutch to go with it." My sister looked at me as if I were talking Chinese. "Oh whatevs. Put on your own clothes quickly, so we can buy the rest. We've got five hours left." 

-------------------

author's note

hey sunshines!

so yeah, there it is. The first chapter of my first ever fanfic, whoo! It's a Calum / Bethany fanfic, and it will include lots of other celebs too. I added a cast, so you can take a look at that, but I'll make sure I add some pics every once in a while.

Idk if you care, but maybe you'd like to know a bit about me. I'm a 14 year old Dutchie and I'm in the 5SOS fam, I'm a Directioner, Lovatic, 5er and Belieber, and I absolutely love 'old' bands like (here come all the clichés) The Rolling Stones, ACDC, Nirvana, The Runaways, The Beatles and maaany more.

I do bilingual education, which means except 4 classes, I have all others in English. Don't expect too much tho. This is just writing for fun, I probably suck at it. Don't be afraid to correct me if I misspelled something :)

I hope you like this fanfic, and if you do, please vote, comment and tell your friends.

XO Mel

{ @styIespunks on Twitter, the l is actually a capital letter i ;) }