04

⤖ CALUM'S POV

I don’t know what it was, but as soon as Troye wrapped his arm around Bethany’s waist to take a picture, I got this strange feeling in my stomach. Earlier this evening I had felt it too, when Luke fed her some popcorn in the Ferris wheel. It almost felt like.. jealousy?

No, that couldn’t be it. I had never been jealous. Especiallynot because of a girl. My life was great, so what’s the point of wanting something else? I had no family problems, no trauma’s or bad memories from my childhood, I wasn’t a loner, but I wasn’t a popular loser either, and I was an average student. So no complaints. My older sister, Mali, had often asked me if I didn’t want a girlfriend, but to be honest, I didn’t feel like having one. Most of my spare time I spent on playing guitar, songwriting and skating with friends. Sure, I’ve had some flings, but never anything serious.

Ashton, who was finally done kissing his date, joined me, Troye, Luke and Bethany. It was something about the way she looked tonight, that made me wanna go wild. Maybe it was her long, curled, brown hair, or her beautiful eyes, or her incredibly cute smile, or the way her figure was clearly visible in her shorts and striped t-shirt. Not that it mattered, because as soon as this night was over I would forget her, and focus on myself, my school and music again.

“Let’s take a group picture!” I heard Bethany suggest. She handed her polaroid camera to the man standing behind the bar, while the others got ready for the picture. I stood right on the outside. Bethany explained the man how the camera worked, and as soon as he nodded, indicating that understood it, Bethany ran towards the group. Instead of sitting in front of Luke, Ashton, Andrea and me, with Troye, Liz and Michael, she walked over to me. 

I looked down at her, and she looked up at me. Our eyes locked and we smiled at each other. It was like she had enchanted me. The strange feeling that felt like jealousy had disappeared, but had been replaced by another weird feeling. My heart felt like it was about to bounce out of my chest, as I saw her eyes light up. Time seemed to have stopped, and we were trapped in the moment. We just stood there. Watching each other in the eyes, enjoying this moment together.

But then the group started moving, indicating the picture had been taken. It took is a few moments to get out of this sort of trance. Neither of us moved, until Ashton walked over to us, telling Bethany that they were leaving soon. She nodded slowly, blinked a few times, and after giving me a weak smile she began saying her goodbyes to everyone. She exchanged numbers with Liz and Luke, gave me a small hug without saying a word and then followed Ashton to his car.

My eye fell on one of the barstools. I picked up the polaroid picture we had just taken. Bethany must’ve forgotten to bring this one with her. Everyone smiled at the camera, except Bethany and me. We looked each other in the eye, a smile plastered on our faces. I quickly put the picture in the backpocket of my jeans, not wanting Luke or Liz to know I had it.

“So, how was Bethany?” Liz asked Luke. “She was nice. Very sweet and hot as fuck. But she’s a bit too girly to be honest. And the way she scrunches her nose when she laughs is kind of weird too. Oh, and had you noticed she’s from England? She was born in America, but has lived in England since she was four years old, so she’s got this British accent, but she can do an American accent too. I don't know, she's cool but not my type.” I tried so hard not to yell at Luke. He had literally just been summing up some of my favourite things about Bethany.

“Well boys, I don’t know about you, but I’d like to head home. It’s two in the morning and my mom’s gonna kill me.” Liz says. “I agree, let’s go.” I say. “You know what, you can go. I’d like to stay a little longer, but I’ll see you guys soon.” Luke said, his eyes focused on a group of blondes that had just entered the bar. I rolled my eyes, and then walked out with Liz.

“So.. Bethany.” Liz smirked. “What about her?” I tried to ask as casual as I could. “Oh come on, don’t play games with me. You like her, it’s so obvious!” “I think you’ve had a bit too much to drink Liz. I don’t like her in that way, and never will I like her, or anybody. I’m perfectly fine on my own.” “Never say neveeer..” Liz sang. I groaned, but decided not to react to it. “Well, I had a great night. Michael is a hot piece and he’s cute.” “Well, good for you. Hey, my house is the other way, so I’ll see you soon.” “Okay, goodnight loverboy.” I rolled my eyes, and gave her a hug.

It was pretty cold out, and I hadn’t brought a jacket so I freezed my ass off. Much to my luck my house wasn’t that far, so I just started walking a little faster, and a few minutes later I arrived to my house.

My parents were out for the weekend, leaving me and my sister Mali Koa to take care of the house. “What are you doing up this late?” I asked my sister, who was sat on the couch, watching tv with a bag of chips next to her. “Ssht, they’re about to reveal who A is I think.” I rolled my eyes. Mali had become obsessed with an American serie, Pretty Little Liars. It was some sort of weird story about a dead girl and a stalker, but that’s all I know.

I went upstairs, changed into some sweatpants and I took my shirt off, throwing it on the pile of clothes that was on the floor next to my drawer. I did a small workout, and when I was about to go to bed, Mali knocked on my bedroom door.

“Come in.” “Cal, I think you dropped this on the kitchen floor.” she said, while holding up the polaroid picture. I quickly snatched it from her hands. “Thanks.” I mumbled, while putting the picture in the drawer of my nightstand. “So, who’s the lucky lady?” “No one. Can you leave now?” I asked rudely. “Calm your tits man.. But erm.. you two look cute.” She winked, and then left my room, closing the door.

I sat down on my bed, and looked at the picture. Well, I looked at Bethany. Her hair, outfit and smile looked so perfect. My thoughts and feelings confused me so much. What had this girl done to me?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

author's note

Yaaay, finally a Calum POV! I'm so sorry for updating late. Had a sleepover, some family stuff to deal with and yeah just overall a pretty busy few days. 

I hope you liked this chapter, and I'll make sure I edit and check chapter 5 quick, so it will be up tomorrow or monday! 

Thank you for those who are voting, and commenting. You honestly don't know how much those 3 or 4 votes (idek) mean to me haha. 

So yeah, thanks for reading. Please give it a vote, comment something idk whatever you like, and tell your friends!

Stay beautiful xo